POLL: id RAGE Press releases

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by SaMbO, Sep 17, 2008.

?

Willit's response was because:

Poll closed Sep 22, 2008.
  1. It's just the truth, original story had it mixed up.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. M$ Legal action!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. WTF? Brown ;)

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

a recent statement has seen 360 fanbois copping a hiding online.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/09/17/the_360_is_holding_ids_rage_back.html

&

but a quick press release later

2. KAGE05

KAGE05 Member

this is where we see the ps3 striding ahead.

i just wish they wouldn't dumb down the ps3 version to keep it the same as 360 like there doing with ff13

3. Deja Vu

Deja Vu Member

Lol the second comment is funny, but leads me to worry that what makes it true is them removing content from all versions :(

4. koopz

koopz Member

I call Shenanigans!

5. nexx

nexx Member

1UP's update explains it and makes sense:

Doesn't surprise me. The nature of their Megatexture tech is that it requires huge amounts of space. But I don't think storage space is an issue for most games. There are other tech limitations on both platforms that cause things to get cut or reduced all the time.

6. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

:rolleyes:

Love the way PS3 fanbois conveniently forget that the Xbox360 was released a good 18 months before the PS3...

"Showing it's age"? Of course it is! IT'S TWICE THE AGE OF THE PS3!!

So who cares? We'll probably get an annoucement for the 360's successor sometime during 2009 with a current/next gen optical drive.

And if it were really a problem in the meantime, MS could always implement:
    a) revive HD-DVD drive (remember, 360's had a HD optical drive too?)
    b) a blu-ray add on (been in the rumour mill for a while now)
    c) release on a couple of DVD's, and store a few gig of info on the HDD. (remembering that 120gb HDD's are available on the x360.)

Personally I would have thought that the game itself wouldn't fill a DVD - it's probably just full of High-Def cinematics and audio that could easily be trimmed down to fit.
    And that IS the option they'll probably take. Why? Because of the other untrue statement:
    Sure the HDD might be - but if that were true, then you would think they would have noticed the ample 120GB drives that the x360 has available.
    I think what they meant was that they can use BRD's as well, but seriously... how many consumers have BR-Rom drives??

7. KAGE05

KAGE05 Member

episodec content is where its at.

ps3 still has problems with compression as ps3's bluray drive is only like 2x speed. so it can't be compressed very far. but if data is managed smartly like it was in heavenly sword then things can be achieved beyond what you can fit on a dvd. its all about priorities.

i'd like to see a xbox with bluray ... but id also like to see the ps3 pushed to its limits... maybe uncharted 2 will do that. ?? \o_O/

8. OP
    OP
    SaMbO

SaMbO Member

you missed the point, as i expected any xbox fanboi to, the "rolly eyes" were the real give away. ;)

a) its dead... get over it.
    b) buy it off sony? they'll just pour money at developers to produce lower quality games as exclusives/xconsole continue milling, nothing to see here.
    c) idk why they dont do that either... but swapping discs sucks and i can see M$ saying "you could lend your mate disc 2 while you play disc 1" and therefore lower profit margins.

anyways:

"M$ legal action" cleaned up the poll with "its the truth" just nudging out "WTF Brown" for the silver trophy (cwotididthar)

whatever really happened?
    we'll never know, just keep in mind, if you're a developer working on a game for multiple platforms, dont say the xbox360 is shit.

edit:
    bluray 'owners': Apple,Dell,HP,Hitachi,LG,Mitsubishi Electric,Panasonic,Pioneer,Philips,Samsung,Sharp,Sony,Sun Microsystems,TDK,Thomson,Twentieth Century Fox,Walt Disney,Warner Bros

HD_DVD dead: HD DVD was designed principally by Toshiba, and was envisaged to be the successor to the standard DVD format. However, in February 2008, Toshiba abandoned the format, announcing it would no longer develop or manufacture HD DVD players or drives

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  9. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Yeah, I must have... sounded to me like you were a PS3 owner clutching at straws for a way to justify the need for a BR drive:
    And hence my arguments.

The way i read the original statement/quote was that he accidently incinuated that the 360 version would be cut down, but (probably after getting a million "What??! Please Explain!!'s") he made another statement to clear up any confusion...

So what's the big deal again?