POLL: Revert the marketplace forum thread order to be based on activity, or leave as-is?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by MickybD, Oct 25, 2017.

?

Should the marketplace thread order revert to how it was? (ie sorted in active thread order)

1. Yes, put it back (to show active threads at the top)

45 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. No, leave it how it is now (to order threads by creation date)

27 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. I don't care either way

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. MickybD

MickybD Member

Prior to the recent forum update, the Photography & Video Marketplace forum was always sorted in current thread order (ie the most recently active threads went back to the top), whereas all the other OCAU buy/sell forums were sorted by thread creation date. However, the Photography & Video Marketplace forum is now set to sort like all the others by thread creation date, meaning active threads can drop off the front page if there have been enough other new threads created. I queried Agg about this and he said it was an intentional change to align the way all the trading forums work, but it could be set back to how it used to be if participants of the photo marketplace want it that way, and suggested I could setup a poll to ask that question. So, here it is - please indicate your preference by participating in the poll. Thanks!

2. Tinian

Tinian Member

I'm a big fan of posts being ordered by the date of their last post

reunig likes this.
  3. special.k

special.k Member

I agree with this for all other areas, but in the marketplace sections I much prefer things sorted by thread creation date so voted for leaving it.

4. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Can't you change the default setting for this at the bottom of the forum?

5. berek

berek Member

Never understood why it was changed in the first place. Normal threads are sorted by last post so why not for sales?

6. Copie

Copie Member

Because otherwise people would constantly bump it back to the top

7. ncsa

ncsa Member

While it is possible for each user to set a forum on how it is displayed for them, that may not be the case for the general member and as such the market place and WTB fourms should be set to default to list he most active thread.

A member who is actively selling should be abel to bump a thread, so their items do not get lost in old and sold threads, there use to be a rule of thread bumping limited to once per 24 / 48 hrs which helps prevent over zealous members.

8. glimmerman

glimmerman Member

Agreed... most active first.

9. Scootre

Scootre Member

I have a home page of shortcuts on my ipad with the links set to 'show last post date'. Bump or not, I prefer it this way. But on my home computer, the constant need to click the re order button is a pain.

10. OP
    OP
    MickybD

MickybD Member

Thanks all for your comments and votes. I'll contact the admins to close this off. At the time of writing this we have the votes shown below. So, I will suggest to the admins that this marketplace forum default sort order revert to how it was prior to the forum updates.

POLL: Revert the marketplace forum thread order to be based on activity, or leave as-is?
    1. Yes, put it back (to show active threads at the top)
      22 vote(s) 57.9%
    2. No, leave it how it is now (to order threads by creation date)
      15 vote(s) 39.5%
    3. I don't care either way
      1 vote(s) 2.6%

11. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

I've now changed the "Photography & Video Marketplace" forum to be ordered by time of last message, as per the results of this poll.

kiwimeat likes this.
  12. Dre_

Dre_ Member

How about adding tags and filter by brand? i.e Nikon, Canon, etc. Agg MickybD