Portal 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rubberband, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

wat

I can't believe he is serious. "I didn't know what to say to my daughter, I still don't know what to say to my daughter." What the fuck guy, you must be the shittiest fucking dad ever. How about "It's a joke"?

2. simboes

simboes Member

HAHAH Dude, he just wants the attention. If your adopted kid is over 10 surely they are fine to hear shit like that! Not the game's fault they aren't ready to communicate with their kids! Also the game isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at fans of the Half Life Series... soooo... get over it. americans get so sensitive about things hahaa

Yeah remember that part, was funny, all in the humor and context. Wheatley was trying to demotivate Chell in order for her to stop escaping, so was insulting her in the only bad way he knew how.

3. jay-stormchaser

jay-stormchaser Member

Its a perfect example of how even in the US they get ratings very wrong.

4. Chif

Chif Member

I can see your point there. Although even kids over 10 could still feel a little hurt when it comes to things like that, maybe they shoulda left the adoption thing out and stuck to normal insults :p. The game is really aimed at anyone, it's there to make money. But the dad went about things the wrong way.

I do agree that they get so sensitive about things. If he'd just let it go, I doubt it'd scar his daughter. All the attention from the media is highlighting her adoption more than that game did lol.

Ahh yes I remember now. I thought it was funny. The overall game was really funny :)

5. James086

James086 Member

I would have thought it was obvious that Glados was struggling for insults. She was calling Chell "Fatty fatty no parents" (or something) because she's got no proper insults.

6. shortielah

shortielah Member

Rated O for Orphans!

But seriously, what if your a German playing a WW2 game. Your shooting your ancestors. Does that mean it should be rated M15+ (For all those over 15... except Germans)?

They can't add a classification for every single variable out there.

I can see it now:
    Portal 2 - Rated E (For everyone, this game may or may not include the words, Orphan, adopted, fatty, and idiot.).

7. simboes

simboes Member

Yeah, there is much worse content out there these days on the same rating. Something about orphans is extremely low down on the unsuitable list. Kids movies have orphans in them too and kids make fun of them in the movies. What is the difference. Gah, i'll never understand people that try and censor such appropriate material!

8. angel Havoc

angel Havoc Member

I bet when the child grows up, she'll happily make jokes about herself being adopted anyway.

Maybe the parents should just wrap their kids up in a huge ball of cotton, they're obviously too worried about them being exposed to anything that's not 100% toddler-safe.

9. millsy

millsy Member

Wait portal 2 is educational?

10. simboes

simboes Member

Teaches dull people the art of humor. However judging by this thread, there have been a few people that still don't get it haha.

11. praiseB

praiseB Member

Saw this clever little fan made Portal movie I thought I would share here, enjoy.

12. brayway

brayway Member

Yea, watched that video earlier today, very well done!
    I hope they make another one :thumbup:

13. dogthinker

dogthinker Member

Great little movie :)

I have a spare copy of Portal 2 from the duo pack I got in the last sale, the person I was going to gift it to already had it :) If anyone here wants it, it cost me $22.50 in the summer sale.

14. millsy

millsy Member

It'd make a pretty cool movie imo :thumbup:

15. Flecktone

Flecktone Member

In case you didn't know:

http://www.techspot.com/news/45738-valve-launches-free-portal-2-dlc-cuts-50-off-the-game.html

16. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

17. Flecktone

Flecktone Member

If you purchased through steam, there was a ~750MB update this morning, so it should be automatic - consoles etc - NFI... :Paranoid:

18. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Steam is me so sweet!

Ta!

19. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Got it coming down the pipes was waiting for a sale and now i got one at 15 bux :)

20. roamin

roamin Member

best $15 game ever. no doubt