Possible gaming golden period 2018-2022

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Over the next 4-5years these games might be released.

1..starfield (bgs)
    2..FO5
    3..TES6
    4...GTA6
    5...cyberpunk 2077
    6..another cdpr aaa release
    7...red dead 2

3-5 racing games(of good quality)

And any number of smaller games plus a few surprises popping up.

If Bethesda and CDPR carry on and improve, they should expect to gross 1 billion dollars + per aaa title, this being the case, one would hope game budgets increase ensuring quality gaming.

Having said that,BGS seem strange,ie, they could spend 500million on FO5 and TES6 and potentially gross inxs of 2.5 billion, yet both these games seem to be on the backburner with the bizarre excuse that BGS don't just want to be seen as the studio who just make fallout and scrolls despite 2.5-3billion gross profit up for grabs.

Imagine Rockstar cancelling or excessively delaying GTA6 after their 2billion haul from GTA5.

People stupidly keep predicting that mobile gaming offers a threat to both PC and console gaming, but we've moved to the era where billion returns should be expected off good quality aaa games making mobile seem like a exercise for homeless people.

2. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

It appears that to contrary this is quite the opposite. CD Projekt Red and Valve are really our only hope...

Frag and Spyder6052 like this.
  3. BAK

BAK Member

You're not selling me on "golden period" without any strategy games. It seems studios aren't interested in them anymore primarily because they're just too difficult to port to console as well...

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  4. iNoob

iNoob Member

Fuck the golden period.

I want the Golden Day... HL3.

Tinian and Spyder6052 like this.
  5. TomJ

TomJ Member

What are FO, TES and CDPR?

6. japes

japes Member

1998-2003~ was the golden period.

I wouldn't rely on Rockstar and especially Bethesda to release good games anymore. Rockstars been blinded by money, GTA Online was a fucking disaster at all levels. Bethesda haven't released a good TES game since what, Oblivion maybe? Morrowind was the last one I legitimately enjoyed.

7. MrBS

MrBS Member

7 maybe games over four years? Well I'm convinced :p

I'll give you this OP, I'm a firm believer that every year gaming gets better, it's been a long time since I've ever had my faith shook on that.

8. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I liked skyrim, and also appreciate fo4 more the more I play it, but I'm hoping that Bethesda have listened to criticism and might produce worthy games with good gfx straight out the factory, etc.

Fuck all online turds, open world free roaming SP is were it's at, and given the gross takings, one would hope they try and secure a large fan base via quality.

I don't care about RTS, isometric turds either, or most console exclusives, and it's hard to take 8-10hr games seriously after playing fallout and tes.

To the person who doesn't know what FO and Co mean, your input isn't required.

9. japes

japes Member

Just when you thought the original post wasn't retarded enough, you get a response like that.

BAK, the_fuzz and walker_2003 like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Oblivion was a technological dinosaur, so it wasn't difficult to improve upon it with skyrim.

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

So are you saying there is 19 better games then half-life :O

Out of pure curiosity I put together a list of the top 50 pc games of all time from gamerankings and this is how it looked.. also highlighted last 5 years.. (yes I know reviews aren't everything and that one source isn't enough to prove anything but its interesting and not surprising)

top50.JPG

• Half-Life 2
    • Unreal Tournament 2004
    • World of Warcraft
    • Rome: Total War
    • The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut
    • The Sims 2
    • The Orange Box
    • BioShock
    • Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar
    • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    • World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    • Half-Life 2: Episode Two

2004 FTW

For me the days of epic titles are gone thanks to corporate greed aka DLC & loot boxes and people buying games based on previous titles. Doesn't mean we wont see some amazing games though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  12. japes

japes Member

Kinda supports my initial response.

Pretty disgraceful that WOTLK is the highest ranking WoW iteration. The beginning of the games downhill ride imo.

13. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

As far as strategy goes you've got They are Billions, which is already fun and will likely get better upon full release.

14. Martyn

Martyn Member

Star Citizen - mike drop & runs away.

Sarcasm filter off; I hope it does well but the shear amount of $'s it's brought in via crowd funding & ever increasing game creep (i.e. extra's), mean's I can see it crash & burning & as a result taking a lot of early access developers (related or not) with them.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

You mean Hype Citi$en?

Kookooburra likes this.
  16. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I own FO3/4,new Vegas and skyrim.
    My dlc purchases for all games is ZERO.

17. Martyn

Martyn Member

Yep, it looks like a ponzi scheme to me. Started development in 2011, crowd funded ~140million+ so far and no real end date until release (but you can still buy cool ships for hundreds of $'s right now).

It'll stop people from backing smaller developers if it burns & crashes, setting smaller developers back years.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. fcyde

fcyde Member

none of those excite me

19. fcyde

fcyde Member

Create some games that take the multiplayer crowns away from LoL/Dota, WoW, CSGO, PUBG etc then you cant start to talk "golden age"

20. Frag

Frag Member

Cyberpunk 2077, I just can't wait for this... its like a game made just for me by my favourite devs (also helps they're from my native country too :p)

Having grown up on William Gibsons Cyberpunk each mention of this forthcoming title makes me salivate.

Kookooburra likes this.