Post here your build

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by ado009, Apr 20, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

[​IMG][​IMG]NZXT phantom 820 home built side panel

I've been looking everywhere to buy spare side panel for my nzxt phantom 820 case but I couldn't find in anywhere so I decided to try making one. I'd like to ad big window to it but I don't feel like cutting my original one so here are some pics of my progress.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Only half of a job is done and is starting to look ok. It took 5 hours so far. Photos of adding window to it and painting are coming soon.
    Let me know what you think. Thanx.
    Next weekend couple more things done. [​IMG]
    Ready for painting.
    Finally got it finished. What do you think guys?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    DSTM (Dougie) and cmi83 like this.
  2. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

now that's sic... :thumbup:

3. havabeer

havabeer Member

great work... what are you actually using to bend the steel?

4. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

For bending...? As long as you have your measurements right and all 4 sides marked out nice and square, bending wasn't to hard. Iron that I used was 600mm x 600mm and bit les than 1mm thick. I also used 5mm thick plate with nice square edge to bend against it. Placed marked out sheet on to my work bench then I have placed 5mm plate on top of one of the marked lines and clamped it all together to a work bench so it doesn't move anywhere. 600 x 600 sheet gave me bit extra on the side so I could use both hands to push against it, up to about 45 degrees and then use one hand for applying more pressure on it and use other hand with hammer, tapping along the bottom edge till I achieved 90 degree angle. Bit of a playing around and bit of a challenge but I think it was worth it. For rest of it I'll wait till weekend when I have more spare time to finish it.

5. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

[​IMG]Finished my side panel

Finally got it done. What do you think guys?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    DSTM (Dougie), WildWebb and cmi83 like this.
  6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Excellent job there and looking awesome.

7. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

Next I'm thinking of water culling, I just need to work out what I need but it seems that it's not that cheap either.

8. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

Post your build here

9. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

First build in years. Got out of the game for ages, but the tower is up and running and the first order from aquatuning has been placed. :D

Just waiting for the rads n blocks to show up so I can work out how the hell to fit a pump and res in there. It's going to be tight.
    Going with a 30mm 360 rad up top and a 80mm 280 at the front to start with.

Good times ahead. :p

[​IMG]

10. Adona

Adona Member

Main Rig

CPU - I7 7700K
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H110i
    Motherboard - Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6
    Ram - 32gb 2133mghz G. Skill Ripjaws4
    PSU - Thermaltake 1050W 80+ Gold
    SSD - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512gb
    Storage - Western Digital Black 2tb
    Storage - Seagate Firecuda 2tb SSHD
    More storage - 2x Seagate Barracuda 1tb
    GPU - Asus ROG GTX 1080 OC
    Monitors - 2x BenQ GW2470
    Case - Corsair 900D
    Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Keyboard - Logitech G910 Orion Spark
    Headset - Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Speakersf - shitty 2.1 Logitech speakers
    Chair - DXRACER F series (Red & Black)
    Controller - Steam controller (for when I'm being lazy)
    Streaming device - Steam link
    Misc - Silverstone ES02
    ===========================================
    Laptop - Asus X54c (POS)
    Retro game rig - windows 98 SE machine
    SERVER RACK

Server 1 - Dell PowerEdge 860
    CPU - Xeon X3220
    Ram - 4gb

Server 2 - HP ProLiant DL380 G5
    CPU's - 2x Xeon E5440
    Ram - 32gb
    Video card - ATI Radeon HD 2400XT

Server 3 - HP ProLiant ML110 G6
    CPU - Xeon X3430
    Ram - 8gb

Parting out -
    HP ProLiant DL380 G5

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

Very nice. I sold my asus rog strix x99 motherboard with Cpu last week and in the next few weeks I'll be looking to get something with x299 chip, not sure yet as I need to do a bit more research. Any recommendations? Up to about.$700 for Motherboard plus Cpu about same price.

12. Adona

Adona Member

I'd go ASUS or Asrock. Personal choice but Id probably go with ASRock X299 Taichi or MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon for board and CPU probably 7900X if you can stretch it and if not my second choice would be 7820X. Someone else might have another option for you. Worth checking out the links I have included for a light read and go from there.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X299 Taichi/index.asp
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X299-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC/Specification
    https://techreport.com/review/31986/intel-core-x-series-cpus-and-x299-platform-revealed

13. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

Thanks so much for the links, I'll definitely check them out as Asus would be my No:1 choice. Let you know in few weeks how I went.

Adona likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

Finally got it done. Rampage VI Apex mobo and I7-7800X CPU and it's working well so far.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Adona

Adona Member

Nice job bud. Looking pretty solid. hope she serves you well. I'm currently looking at upgrading from my ASrock z270 k6 and 7700k to something with a a few more cores as let me know how that board goes for you.

16. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

I just finished my new ryzen build, cost me 1200 to build it, i kept my old PSU and hard drives. Im only running 8gb of ram at the moment cause im a cheap ass, but it still runs most things at 1080p with high or higher settings without any overclocking and on the stock cooler.

So i decided to throw on the ml240r cooler and do some overclocking and testing, got it at 4.2ghz and seems to be stable across ( prime95 10 min test, cinebench, 3dmark and occt 5 min test, but i haven't sat down to do any gaming since overclocking, I want to get the gpu clocks stable before sitting down for a long gaming session to log temps and fps.

Im happy with the RGB and how neat it looks, However the case has minimal room on the back side and things got very very cramped after adding 3 hard drives, 4x rgb headers with there splitters and fan power cables, Cause of all the squishing the sleeved cables are forced into certain angles but it looks good enough so far.

If it was up to me i would have designed the case with less room towards the front window and more room in the back ( similar to the view 31 with way more room at the back ), The other problem with the back area is that this case forces you to mount your 2.5" drives facing in the worst possible way, the sata power cables are so cramped it needs to almost be forced into place, the case is only 79 bux so the cable management isnt that great.

I still have some technical issues with the RGB stuff as well, There is a part on the motherboard that also has rgb lights down the bottom right but i cant get it to work or sync or do anything, and im pretty sure my rx 580 fans are supposed to be lit up as well with blue leds but i cant get them to switch on.

Changes / Upgrades for later :

Buy 3.5" Hdd caddies so i have more room at the back near the psu
    Throw a Firecuda in there for windows drive
    Get more ram, Or buy a faster set and bigger GB, not sure yet
    Eventually i would like to watercool the GPU but these ones only have 2 or 3 options, and none of them look very good imho

Mobo : Asus X370-f
    Cpu : Ryzen 5 2600 non x
    Gpu : Saphire Nitro Rx 580 8gb
    Ram : 8GB Kingston 2666mhz Cl19
    Case : Thermaltake View 22 TG
    Cooler : Cooler Master ML240R
    Sleeved Cables : Gamerchief

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ado009 likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

Works well, had no issues yet of any kind. I wouldn't mind to add water cooling, but that is another little project for later on when I have spare time

18. OP
    OP
    ado009

ado009 Member

It looks awesome and also I don't think that going cheaper is always worse. I guess it depends what you need it for and then how much money you want to spend on it. You can always upgrade later on

19. pwlm1975

pwlm1975 Member

Compared to the masterpieces in this thread I wouldn't bother posting pics of my rig. I do admire the work that's gone into all of these machines though, lots of time and passion.

20. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Post it anyway man! mines very basic as well, i wont post my entire setup as my desk has a lot of shit on it lmao.

Edit : Ado, that thing is freakin mint!