Post your Foxtel deal

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

Finally got around to renegotiation with Foxtel. 55 bucks with the essentials, sport, movies, and HD.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Sounds about right for what you are getting.

3. Radley

Radley Member

Is it worth a new customer ringing Foxtel and asking for a deal? I'd go for $50 or $55 a month for HD sports pack.

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

TBH, outside of the usual new customer promotion deals they do I don't think they will negotiate pricing with new customers. Happy to be corrected but all negotiated deals I see seem to come from existing customers.

You might need to just sign up for a minimum period and then when that expires, threaten to cancel/leave.

5. Radley

Radley Member

Thanks mate, that's what I was sort of expecting. Since there is only a 1 month minimum this isn't too bad. I might give them a call and see how I go.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Please do let us know how you go, especially if you do decide to ditch it after a month and try to negotiate at that point in time. Would be interesting to see how far you got after only one month of being with them and threatened to cancel.

7. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

With my favourite streaming guy not doing F1 again this season I'm half seriously looking at Foxtel...

I'm on FTTP NBN and trying to make sense of their pricing crap.

[​IMG]

I'm presuming the offer period is 12mo? Not the first month only? It says lower down the first month fee is $45 for some reason...

Do you have to use the Foxtel Hub thing if you have all your own network stuff happily set up already (Ubnt gear)?

The video streams are over the fibre, right? I can't see anything mentioning sat dishes etc so presumably it's IPTV.

It'll probably be cheaper/better to go one of the less straight and narrow overseas IPTV services that carry SkyF1 but the fiance wanted me to at least investigate the legal way :p

Thanks all

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

The way I read that was that it's $160/month for twelve months (the offer period) on contract i presume, then after that expires you pay month to month, no contract, $180/month.

9. broccoli

broccoli Member

that package is for broadband as well, do uyou want to swap providers?

10. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Cool - that's how I interpreted it as well. But I think last time I looked then had some decent first month price then it sky rocketed after that.

I have Skymesh atm 600gb @ 100mbit for $90/mo. Foxtel seems to have better Youtube HD stats that skymesh so I'm not opposed to swapping ISP as part of it.

I just don't want to have to use Telstra's silly hub thing when I got ubnt stuff set up nicely.

11. broccoli

broccoli Member

I would think you'd have to use "their" box because it would have their connection info in it. The IQ box has a card in it, perhaps the broadband does too? :confused:

12. xplod140

xplod140 Member

I don't really have any issues with YT through skymesh ever.

13. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I went through about a month where it was impossible for anything above 240p to stream. Was a QLD issue I think. Resolved now.

I've no issues with Skymesh.

14. miicah

miicah Member

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn

???

15. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

About this time last year I called* to cancel my subscription. I was moving house and didn't really want to keep it, especially if it involved paying for a new install.

End result was free install, basic, movies and HD for $36/month.

This has just expired. Time to cancel again.

* I called and told the automated system I wanted to cancel my account. Informed of a roughly hour and a half wait. Hung up and rang again. This time said to change package. Waited no more than 1 minute to be served. Lol.

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Lol, are you possibly suggesting they are using diversionary tactics to discourage users from not cancelling? :lol:

No, not at all, that would NOT be how Foxtel operate, thanks.

17. BuD

BuD Member

im on the home entertainment bundle and my mate just gave me a spare telstra TV roku box.
    if i activate it there no extra fee does anyone know by actually just activating it
    i basically want to use it for plex :)

18. skymist

skymist Member

I cancelled my service yesterday after approx 5 years.

The last 12 months have been on reduced plans that were quite cheap but now I can't justify it.

I really only had it for formula 1/motogp and there is other ways for that so nice to get rid of. :thumbup:

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

How much are you now saving per month?

20. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Haha I just had foxtel installed today. Basically for MotoGP/F1.

Holy shit the IQ3 is a pig of a device. So fucking slow to achieve anything.