Post your Rate My Cables here! (Mk II) (No IMG quoting)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by elstado, Feb 26, 2009.

1. macarule

macarule Member

Thanks, Its not horrible but not amazing either, its a 3930k OC'd to 4.4ghz at 1.39v. Full load gets to 70-80c depending on ambient temps. GPU is also an issue as its against the glass :Paranoid:, maxes out and throttles at 83c full load :wired:. Dont have the option to mount it up top as it hit my ram...

2. Elmf

Elmf Member

Yeah I'm never doing them at the front again haha

3. Jonahtech

Jonahtech New Member

Current build whilst I get everything together for my first custom loop attempt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OJR and whatdoesthisdo like this.
  4. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I'm loving this. Not a sleeved cable or (I presume) an RGB fan or other part in sight. Just goes to show that if you take the time to do it right, even 'ketchup and mustard' cabling and the dreaded ribbon cables can look extremely clean and tidy. 8/10 from me :thumbup: .

Have you considered painting the interior of the box black? I'd probably move to 9/10 for that.

Another suggestion would be to spray the green PCB's and all cables in black vinyl, and maybe polishing all heatsinks. A lot of work, masking anything that wouldn't cool properly under vinyl and removing heatsinks for polishing, but it would look absolutely sweet.

Surely a 10/10 then while still having only period correct parts.

Adding a cheap SSD would obviously max out the IDE path in terms of transfer speed, but you'd get that sweet sweet reduced seek time - something that would have more effect on the rig's speed than even a CPU upgrade, for an 11/10 :D.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  5. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

Niiiice man.
    I'd keep pics of that GPU on the down-low though.
    You'll have people camped out in your bushes with blow-darts and sniper scopes.

6. Jonahtech

Jonahtech New Member

Haha , I help mod a couple of discords for in stock links , have helped hundreds of people get their cards over the last 6 months. Real shame about current pricing though. That Suprim is going to be going under water in the near future ;)

BlueRaven likes this.
  7. BlueRaven

Keep us updated. :):thumbup:

8. onggie

onggie Member

ITX build with a 3060Ti I did for a family member. I didn't spend too much time on it and only got the coloured braided PSU cables because the Corsair SFX cables are so damn short. The H210 is a rather large ITX case though.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Resizing image

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  9. BlueRaven

Mainly liking because it's been so long since I've actually witnessed a pbear avatar, but damn that's a tidy build.

10. onggie

onggie Member

Hahahah, whatever my account age is, is how long it have had that there. I find it hilarious and inappropriate to have.

Thanks for the comments.

BlueRaven likes this.
  11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Super clean, nice :thumbup:

Pity gpu manufacturers put the power outlets at the front. I have mine vertically mounted which means you can hide them somewhat down the back of the card at least.

12. Jonahtech

Jonahtech New Member

First ever custom loop complete, didnt turn out exactly as I wanted due to the mahoosive size of the Suprim block but happy nevertheless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WishBone17, m3k, macarule and 6 others like this.
  13. BlueRaven

Um, yeah mate. I'd be pretty happy with it too for a first attempt. Nothing I've ever done has looked this good. :)

Outstanding. Beautiful. :thumbup:

(Let me guess, the bit that's triggering your OCD is the slightly-non-parallel GPU line? :D )

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    FuzwaldQO and macktheknife like this.
  14. Jonahtech

Jonahtech New Member

Yeah was expecting , and had setup completely, for all pipework to be parallel for the GPU including mounting it horizontally. Despite EK and Lian Li's dimensions saying it would fit I can confirm that the Suprim block doesn't fit horizontally into the Lian Li O11D XL, it will foul when glass side panel is installed by approximately 2-3mm. That led to a few design changes on the fly and having to duck out to buy a vertical GPU bracket.

15. BlueRaven

woja lol, ^ exactly what we were discussing in your thread... you plan it all out, and double-check everything, and then...

Jonahtech , aw man... 2-3mm! :mad:

Frustrating as hell I'm sure. Still a top notch result though my dude, and I doubt anyone's going to disagree.

16. woja

woja Member

Haha I'm still bummed that I couldn't do mine with the CPU and gpu parallel in my case.
    But now I got a shit load of extra fittings when I build a computer for the wifey haha

BlueRaven likes this.
  17. Blinky

Blinky Member

I like it a lot, I reckon it's got a cool 'Tron' kick going on.

BlueRaven likes this.
  18. BlueRaven

Wouldn't a Tron theme be more Bloo?

Hmmm, probably more Cyan actually... this gives me ideas for my own forthcoming RGB-laden monstrosity. :D

19. Blinky

Blinky Member

I honestly can't remember it beyond everything being just outlined by neon. It was the original Intel Vs AMD with Team Blue & Team Red! :p

BlueRaven likes this.
  20. BlueRaven

That's it... I'm totally doing a Blue/Cyan vs. Red/Orange theme.

Cheers man! I mean, it might end up looking terrible, but cheers for the idea! :)

Blinky likes this.