post your twitch profiles so i can/we can watch

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by AERO, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I finally got myself more emotes done, so I now have 10 in total but only 7 of them are on twitch cos limits :D

2. Elmf

Elmf Member

I'm seriously stuck in isolation so playing more and more FPS. Will often times shoot up the Twitch stream on #dvelmo.

Counter-strike Source - Valorant - Fortnite - and tonight, it was Hyperscale where I got royally owned.

Bit of fun!

3. DrDimensional89

DrDimensional89 Member

4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Just followed :)

I'm a hack at best and just really gotten into PUBG this year, around Jan and then a break from Feb till now (so i have about 30hrs playtime total per steam inc leaving it in lobby at times etc). Such a great game. I don't stream often, more just so my mate can give me feedback

5. DrDimensional89

DrDimensional89 Member

followed back there matey!..

Just saw that clip from dashcamownersaus, haha nice one :p

6. jpw007

jpw007 Member

My best mate and an absolute bastard. Proper happy i didn't have my mic on and was just trying to get gud bc he scared the absolute shit out of me...Probably noticed that by the way i reacted :lol:

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

trying to build a community is a challenge and i need to stop getting worked up on the numbers.

8. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I've heard from big/high profile OC streamers to NEVER look at your numbers. When I started out, I was looking at my viewer count a lot... but then I took on advice to turn it off... and started feeling better about it, so I just needed to look at chat instead.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Yeah I am trying to just do that. I have the viewer count in slobs turned off/hidden and I have things like follows, subs, in the slobs feed hidden so they only appear in the chat feed. It is taking me a while to just get used to not looking at the numbers and to just have fun.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

building and maintaining this stuff is tough... :sick::wired:

11. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Absolutely.

The most important thing that I have found is that organic growth on Twitch is incredibly difficult. Unlike youtube there is very little discoverability so when you live its not even close to the return you get on youtube when you post a video.

I recommend this guy for great advice and insight into streaming:

It's funny when I found him he was still very small time. Less than 10k subs and not pulling big views on twitch. So as he has been posting talking about advice on this topic you've seen him practice what he is preaching and grow very well and consistently. He hasnt relied on going viral or anything like that.

The main takeaway is that you need to be engaging with people on other social media platforms and have them naturally move to your twitch channel. It can be posting clips to twitter and instagram as well as talking to other people on related topics. And of course youtube itself.

Harris did a video talking about how he went from streaming 5 days to streaming 3 and producing videos on the other 2. And he saw more follower growth from when he WASNT live haha.

My streaming dropped off because I had a baby this year. But I am starting to get things together to start up again.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i am slowly working on my SM game with more stuff like clips on my insta :D