post your twitch profiles so i can/we can watch

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by AERO, Nov 7, 2017.

1. KuNFuSHuN

KuNFuSHuN Member

Unless Loserfruit has changed recently, last I saw she was just using some sheet of some sort hanging behind her. All you need is decently lighting and you are good.

I have a green sheet as well that ive tested but my lighting isnt sufficient it isnt perfect. Once I properly set mine up, I will start using my cam and green screen as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/kunfushun

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I would think you would have to light from behind the camera so it lights you up as well as the green screen.

My channel is quite desolate because I don't stream so no real point in advertising it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I used to use green cloth stuck to the wall behind me, now I have a rack that I have hung some green plastic sheeting off. Light in front for me and light behind the give the material even colouring for the chroma key.

As for overlays, they won't do much to bring people in or keep them around and their relevance will depend a lot on the community you're trying to build. Minimalist always looks good.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Yeah, I want to do a green screen because it's very minimalist.

EDIT: I feel like i need a whole lot of gear just to get started :p

5. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

I think as long as your PC is upto playing games at high qual and your internet good enough to stream high qual then the hardest bit is just getting followers. I just got my tenth follower last night some nice dude came into the channel and said " i came for the trash plays, i stayed for the trash plays" lol.

I have found that checking out some of the other smaller channels with like under 50 viewers at most times helps, Ive had a few shoutouts from the smaller channels after hanging around and getting to know them a little more, i dont really know how to get bigger in twitch without using this method, apart from making bad youtube videos and spamming them on reddit, then linking your youtube channel to your twitch.

it also helps to have your mates lurk in the channel even if they dont watch it. i have 2 or 3 that will come lurk with me sometimes, anything to help get the viewership up, as long as they dont mute the channel it counts as a viewer.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

like as in proficiency?

7. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

nah i mean the actual quality like the settings, HD etc.

some people watch me play specifically to see me fuckup so i dont think you need to be a dafran to get some followers, but if i was playing in GM or TOP500 instead of PLAT then it would prob also help.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

hopefully i can get the money to get enough gear to start trying.

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If you aren't ending every stream by hosting someone, you should be. Networking is a huge part of twitch growth.

10. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

ah yes i forgot about this!

11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'll do that when I get started.

Maybe even get a site going?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  12. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

according to Ninja social media is pretty important so as apposed to a website just get a twitter, insta, facebook, etc etc account. bonus if they are the same name as your twitch name etc.

13. Boneman

Boneman Member

Just stream everyday and be entertaining. Learning how to interact with chat and not miss a beat is key. People will watch a potato stream if you can do this.

14. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

hmmm...gonna need to give it a try when i get decent internet.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

16. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

You could probably find one on fivver

17. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

just a quick question, i have been using xsplit gamecaster to stream my games, for a free software ive been pretty happy with it.

just finding 1. cant stream forza horizon 3, it just doesnt pick up the game at all, and when i have xsplit on to stream before i load the game, dark souls prepare to die edition wont load, i run the executable it flashes up then closes, ive got no idea why.

ive also been recording some of my boss kills in dark souls 3, so ive got a little bit of content in my videos, so some people i watch can look on if there stuck. been finding that it was recording in 720p which is fine for free, but for some reaosn now its decided to record in 360p which is a bit lower than im happy with. i dont know any settings or what not to switch it back. and ideas why its done this?

ive only used this software cause ive been happy with it. would use others but was unable to get obs etc.. running and gameshow was a bit of a bitch too.

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Now that I have decent Internet speeds I might attempt some streaming myself.

Tried OBS?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  19. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

yea i have, just couldnt figure out how to use it, admittedly the program i use is quiet easy, its a case of turn on, run game, have a hot key to bring up in game commands to chat/settings/stop/start/record etc... where as obs you have to customise alot of stuff etc.. couldnt figure it out.

20. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

hmm think i got obs working, not sure how to add stuff to it, as i thought i added widgets but when i eventually get the game going , nothing else is on the screen :/
    atleast i got the game showing and i think voice chat. thats all i had really before, woud be nice to see on my game screen when i have a viewer, not that i have many, but its ok.