1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

post your twitch profiles so i can/we can watch

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by AERO, Nov 7, 2017.

1. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Thanks excellent mate. Good stuff!

2. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I didn't see this post until now. Cheers. I ended up doing my stream on Sunday afternoon.

3. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

all good, think i come in late sunday anyway :) it was setup :)

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I think I'm gonna see what the new speeds are like when the NBN finally rolls round in April.

5. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

yea my mate just got it in melbourne and he is loving the 50/20 lol, 5mb/s is better than 300k lol

6. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

so just noticed over the ;ast month, while luring in alot of streams and streaming myself my daily downloads sat around 100gb.... some times more sometimes less... seemed excessive

7. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I'm on 50/20 FTTP in inner west. Speeds are decent, but for Twitch, not entirely so. Twitch has some notoriety currently for only having 1 supporting server in the whole country, and it's hosted in Sydney... Because of this, it's prone to bottlenecks and some streamers, particularly those who aren't affiliate yet (only 1 bandwidth option of 720p which is silly), end up dropping frames as a result.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

that's so dumb tbh.

9. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

It is dumb. It really gives no favours to those who are starting out and don't use 3rd party tools (such as OBS) AND live where internet is poor. The issue with only having 720p available until you become an Affiliate is bad design.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I wanted to see how fast internet over HFC would be like and if it is fast enough to do streaming.

11. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

What is your bit rate and frames? that does not sound right to me. I am only on 200gb/month and can stream a few times a week comfortably.

12. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately there has been a loss in the Osprey Family. Rohan aka Wintr's brother in law lost his life over the weekend leaving 3 kids behind.

To honor Adam we will be hosting a charity stream at my twitch www.twitch.tv/osprey_ssj4 this friday at 6:30pm AEDT

However a go fund me is already live. So if you would like to support the link is below.

Rohan had this say about Adam.

"He was so proud of me and what I've done with Osprey and gaming, even when other's couldn't care less, he was endlessly vocal about it"

https://www.gofundme.com/remembering-adam-ross

I know the stream isnt much but its something we want todo and Rohan gave his blessing to.

13. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Charity stream went really well.

The 3 of us pledged to donate $5 each per win on Apex. Landed 10 wins for the stream and got a few donations. I rounded the total up to $200 and sent it directly to the go fund me.

Had a decent number of viewers through out also. Which was nice but not the goal.

Anyone have anything exciting going on in their stream world?

14. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

OK, so I might not be able to stream for a little while...
    Due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances, I have to move out from where I live now, and am moving back home for a while, so I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks packing up and cleaning up. This will mean I will also lose my Tier 3 50/20 FTTP internet, as my parents are on "Tier 2" FTTN. Their internet actually nowhere near as bad as it was 10 years ago when I first moved out, but I won't have as much bandwidth available. Will see what happens.

15. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Sorry to hear mate. I've been back and forth from Home over the years I know the feeling.

As long as your upload is 5 or more you will be able to stream comfortably. Either that or use 4G every now and then when you get the itch to stream :)

16. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

It was kinda going to happen sooner or later. For context, my housemate's mother has been in and out of hospital, and her mother's condition is now at a point that she (my housemate) will need to be come her (mother) fulltime carer. We have been playing with the idea of moving out for some time, but had always been an issue of time and funds, largely the latter, so we've decided to make the call now.

My parents' internet shouldn't be too bad. Before I moved out 9 years ago, they would get at best 2.5-3Mb on ADSL2+. Now that they're on FTTN, they can now get between 10-15Mb, but their line is prone to losing internet when it storms (the copper line is about 35 years old, which is when the house was built), but otherwise should still be doable.

17. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

bugger mate :(, ive been streaming but at irregular times. would love to have a schedule but its hard, im usually on from 9 pmish when i do stream til at least midnight est. been streaming division 2 or escape from tarkov :)

have been getting approximately 2 new followers each stream so thats a good thing. been also playing with anther guy who streams fulltime also. we play both tarkov and div together so its been good.

my goal is the 100 followers and im getting up there:). think im at 85 so far, they were right saying the first 100 be the hardest.

SSJ4 likes this.
  18. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I find it really tough to stream to a schedule also. Particulary because its after work. Things kind of get in the way of hitting it. The best way to remedy this is to make streaming a priority and let everyone in the house know that at these times you will be busy and wont drag you away to watch netflix haha. In a way they will hold you to it as well.

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Is NBN100 enough to stream 720p60?

20. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Upload is the important part. Then Bitrate. I recommend researching OBS bitrates. 60fps takes decent net and if you are not an affliate or partner then users cannot select the stream quality. Forcing people into a quality their internet might not be able to handle. 720p 30fps at 2500 bitrate is a good level.