Pricing Error? Or Bargain of a Lifetime?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by yihfeng, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Plax

Plax Member

Ended up buying a set from PlusCORP in the end.
    Had to get them after not getting them through this :)

2. da_ilks

da_ilks Member

I know someone who got them price matched at HN. Even got a copy of their receipt to prove it

Shattered HN wouldn't price match for me though :/

3. DavLe.BeRRy

DavLe.BeRRy Member

Lol harvey norman had em at $699.95 i was actually there to price match with Austin who had them for $425.00 and they wouldn't even do that!!

The lowest they would go was $610...

4. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

You'll be wasting your time.

5. Ninsei

Ninsei Member

Good luck. If you never got an order confirmation and you never paid (DD or money debited from card) you're out of luck, there is no contract to supply x goods at y price. Even if these steps occurred, where a genuine pricing mistake is made I'm pretty sure they have some room to wiggle.

If that's their buy price I'd be amazed. The cheapest prices I've seen wholesale are not anywhere near that low, regardless of volume ordered. If they could buy them that cheap they'd probably honour some/all of the purchases rather than go through all this hassle and pain! They could just say they got the postage costs wrong and charge an extra $10 or something, saving face and heartache.

What is interesting is the wording of their order cancellation. First they say the item was no longer stocked, but then that it was an incorrect price. Really it can't be both... If they intended to sell ANY at a price, then it's not truly discontinued, but if the price was wrong, then that's a different mistake. Those desperate for speakers and flush with time are welcome to play with this as long as they like. I think you'll be disappointed regardless though. :)

6. nidz

nidz Member

Everyone who made an order got the same crappy response from DSE. They are not going to honor any orders from like a week ago to present for that model. they say they are never going to get any more orders fo that model in so I guess there's no use crying over it. I made an order for 1 set and it was rejected so I assume everyone else would have the same thing. Pitty though. I realy could have used those speakers. So where now? I need a good set of 5.1's for something i'm setting up. What's a good model for about the $120-140 mark with a separate volume controller?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  7. OP
    OP
    yihfeng

yihfeng Member

Just in case anyone is wondering, my friend who alerted me to this was rejected as well. Seeing as he got in before anyone on OCAU and Whirlpool did, and got rejected (for ordering 1 set), it is probably safe to say that nobody got anything out of it (besides the price matching thing).

8. tuansydney

tuansydney Member

i also didn't get da set . They said : out of stock, the special price finish yesterday .. bla bla bla and they gave me offer if i want it now it's : 700 AUD.. lolz so lame !:lol:

9. HrdwrBoB

HrdwrBoB Member

erm.. they said it was discontinued.
    Is it discontinued or not?
    now - I'm not fussed that I didn't get the speakers, I understand the problem, but I don't like being lied to.

10. Ninsei

Ninsei Member

Are you saying DSE is offering to sell you a set?

If so, they could be in strife. Their excuse almost held water, but if they now offer to sell them anyway, I'm not sure how they can use the "they're discontinued, we stuffed up" line.

11. OldnBold

OldnBold Member

Yes .. who said this? My email just was an apology. No offer to buy anything else for any price.

12. evil-mooo

evil-mooo Member

(Thanks to the mod that unlocked this)

I was just doing a bit of browsing around the DSE website, and decided to search for the Logitech Z5500 speakers. Guess what? The bastards have them back up on their site!

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH6263

Whilst there is no stock at any stores, the pages says that the product can be ordered in... I'm going to give my local store a call and see whether they comply. If they do, they could be in deep shit. It is a textbook bait and switch tactic...

EDIT: I just called Daniel at Garden City, and he confirmed that there was none in stock, none in distribution, but he could have some in within 5 days. I'm pissed off, and considering my next move. What they have done is highly illegal, but I'm debating whether to leave it be for a while until they have stock in stores, then bust their arses.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  13. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Back when it was first found - the day after I placed my order - I spoke to DSE to confirm it all and the lady said it was NOT a pricing error - and that the ETA was like September or something.

They are FOS, they screwed up (somehow) but didn't want to honour it, so they claim "pricing error/mistake".

14. Spootage

Spootage Member

What pricks!

You should deffinately wait until at least some stores have stock before you make a move, otherwise they could dodgy it again.

Interested in hearing how this pans out now, especially since they said it was discontinued and wouldnt be getting them again.

15. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Member

I ordered one in store when it happened, didnt put on a deposit and they said they would honour the price when it came into stock, so I will go hassle them now.

16. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

hahaha woah here we go for round 2 :p

17. z2177199

z2177199 Member

As of now, the price is 698 :p

18. UB3R

UB3R Member

i keep getting the DSE junk emails now and the unsubscribe option doesnt work, all because of them baiting me with this speaker offer.

let us know when some come into stock because i will be going to Dept of Fair Trade right away.

19. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I noticed this two or three days ago aswell.
    Thanks for unlocking this thread.
    I still have copies of the page, transfer reciepts, screenshots etc.

Bring on the wrath.

20. matt89

matt89 Member

subscribed... I ordered one set as well we will have to see what happens, if they stock them again then they are probably in a bit of shit