Prime95 stress.txt file ???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by hayzee45, May 18, 2007.

1. hayzee45

hayzee45 Member

Having all sorts of problems with the new computer system....have run prime95 and it stops within 10 minutes indicating a hardware error has occurred and tells me to consult the stress.txt file for info....
    WHERE the hell is this file and how do i open it....this could be my key to exit the F#$%ING BLue screen zone!!:upset:

2. ruffy01

ruffy01 Member

I thought I'd reply hoping some one has an answer for you; I had the same error message a few days ago.
    I couldn't find 'stress txt file' either. I tried the search function with no luck:(

My h/ware error turned out to be a faulty mobo but I'd still like to know where that phantom file resides.

3. JTF

JTF Member

"Stress.txt" is a simple help file, located in the install folder, if you chose the default options when installing Prime95 it will be in "c/program files/prime95"

4. ruffy01

ruffy01 Member

'Orthos' (Prime) doesn't have an installation folder, it's not an 'installed' program.
    It runs from the desktop or I run it from a flash drive. There are always 3 temp files created: splog, prime & local; but no stress.txt.

5. JTF

JTF Member

OP said Prime95,
    But it's not really worth searching for, just a general guide to what can cause instability, overclocking, hardware, heat etc,
    nothing that can direct to a specific problem.

6. TMM

TMM Member

As said because its a static help file - prime doesn't access or create it, it is simply unzipped/copyed during installation therefore orthos won't make it when you run it in a new folder.

this is stress.txt

7. ruffy01

ruffy01 Member

Orthos is simply a variant of Prime95:
    http://www.overclock.net/downloads/138142-orthos-v20060420.html

Either way, thanks for replies & your quote TMM.
    I also didn't realise 'stress.txt file' simply referred to guidelines:o
    I should've known that by now.