Problems with M.2 NVME drive

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by Will S, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Will S

Will S Member

Samsung 512GB SSD, 950 PRO Series, m.2 (PCIE)

Getting error messages when starting PC ( only installed win10 on new system yesterday ) ...errors detected on C drive and win10 scanned and fixed them..............

Now no idea with these new drives..........I had a google and found a Samsung driver for Samsung 950.........but not sure about updating the driver on the o/s drive whilst running the o/s..............

2. Borat

Borat Member

Couldn't hurt to install the driver - this should at least help with monitoring your temps, especially if it's installed on an ITX board & on the back... :leet:
    Do you keep getting the errors/fix with each boot?

3. ics

ics Member

4. McRutch

McRutch Member

i've run the 950 on windows 7, 8 & 10 with & without the drivers on all 3, and never encountered that problem.

sounds like a corrupt windows install, or a faulty/overheating drive to me :confused:

5. Renza

Renza Member

You will get a huge performance increase if you do install the drivers, however.

6. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Mine was the same before and after driver install.

:thumbup:

7. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I am tending to think the problem is with the motherboard. Getting a few upgrades for the BIOS in a short period which makes me think there may be probs with it. Actually PC is working ok and boots ok but not with a cold boot ( after main power is turned off lor blackouts ) and then I need to hit the power boot key on the case .