Probs with AIW and P3V4X

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by Toto, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Toto

Toto Member

Hey all, glad this forum is back.

I'm having problems recording TV on my AIW Radeon. Does anyone else have one with a P3V4X (or any other board for that matter) and know of a way to get the digital VCR to work????

I've read that it could be an issue with VIA chips. I've also read that it could just be an ATI problem.

My system has a basic setup which should work and did work before I reinstalled windows.

Any thoughts????

2. Dave H

Dave H Member

Hi Toto! I have an All-In-Wonder 128 Pro in my P3V4X and my attempts at recording TV have not worked either. Using ATI VCR 2.0 I have captured some video but then Windows Media Player makes itself the default viewer and says it doesn't recognize the format (no kidding!).
    I have since changed the settings so that the next time I try to record it will use MPEG-2, which should be ok with the Media Player. I'm sure there is another workaround (like using something besides Media Player) but I just haven't taken the time to fool around with it.
    I have been able to successfully capture stills from my camcorder, and I have also been able to scan pictures, announcements, and newspaper articles and output them to videotape, which is also handy!
    Up until now I thought I was the only one with an A-I-W in their P3V4X! It would be nice to keep in contact as we try different things. I was thinking about upgrading to the Radeon version as it uses later MPEG and does better on some of the video stuff, but I need to get back to work first!
    Feel free to email me if you wish.
    Good luck with your board!
    Dave H

3. scummer

scummer Member

Check into this site, http://www.rage3d.com/
    Browse or search the forums there. Many hardcore ATI people hang there.

ASUS P3V4X, Apollo Pro133A,1005 bios
    Step ThermoDynamics PIII 700 @ 933 1.90 vcore
    Promise Fasttrack 100 (raid 0)
    2x IBM GXP75
    SB Live Platinum
    256 meg Crucial cas2 ram
    Pioneer 115 DVD
    Plextor 16/10/40A CDRW
    Utobia DVD decoder with Remote
    ZIP Drive
    Netgear nic
    WIN ME
    Radeon 32DDR clocked 187MHz

4. Dave H

Dave H Member

Wow Scummer, that is a very informative looking site! Thanks for the info.
    God I love this site! Thanks again, Agg!
    Dave H

5. lucaz

lucaz Member

6. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto Member

ya, I've looked into those sites but they have yet to help me. I had no prob's with thew AIW untill I reinstalled my windows. So after all the failed potential cures, I just bit the bullet and reinstalled again. Now there is no problems thankfully.

By the way, I had to disable ACPI as it was making my system unstable (especially when using DVD). With the ACPI disabled, no probs at all.

In fact ACPI may be the cure to a lot of P3V4X problems?????

7. Dave H

Dave H Member

I've disabled ACPI on both my machines as it's just not ready for prime time! Even on a bone-stock, not-OC'd storebought machine that has all the right updates on it, trying to use "Suspend" or hard disk timeouts results in startup problems, disk errors, lockups, you name it, so I just disable it all and the machines are much happier for it! Matter of fact, the old 200Mhz Pentium l has been much happier since I installed the Windows IDE update that is meant for much faster processors; it delays the shutdown time by approx. 30 seconds to make sure writes to the hard drive are completed before the computer shuts down.
    Dave H