Prohibited Weapons Act NSW

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Daedalus01, Sep 10, 2004.

1. lavi

lavi Member

using a gun is plain stupid and only for beginers, a common blade with no finger prints on it would make it very hard for forsenics to track down

I wonder what would happen if i walk through a shopping mall with my Bugei katana in plain sight.....

2. Kitler

Kitler Member

I think he means a bow and arrow of some sorts.

3. -KoMoD0-

-KoMoD0- Member

I would just neck up or down a cartridge to another bullet

4. Greenman

Greenman Member

Well, I'm in Melbourne, and I have swords (not crappy display quality ones either). I'm planning on buying a sword or two this year in Europe and bringing them back on the plane too.

So, what do I say at customs? Well, firstly I'll be putting an awful lot of tick on that little card they give you (for declaring stuff), and I'll be pointing out that I have some blunt medieval reenactment props that look like swords.

Failing that of course I can show them my membership card for a reenactment group specifically gazetted under the Victorian weapons act :thumbup:

Swords are fun, but spears are better! :D

5. iNeLuKi

iNeLuKi (Banned or Deleted)

You don't like aussie swords or are you after something in particular?

6. Greenman

Greenman Member

Going over in July to a couple of really big Viking events in Denmark (Trelleborg and Mosegaard). I'm hoping to get something really special made by one of the European members of our group :) There's a guy in Ballarat who's work I love, but his waiting list is getting pretty long (>18mths now I think), so I might just get a nice one while I'm there.

I'm also going to be buying all sort of late 10thC viking jewellry and gear.. beads and belt fittings, as well as a more appropriate seax (I recently joined a 950-1050 eastern viking group, having moved from 11thC Norman). That'll mean I'll be coming back with probably 1-2 swords (might be getting one for the mrs), at leaat one sharp knife or dagger (the seax), a bunch of other stuff, likely to include wood, fur, horn... If you add that I'll be camping most of the time (so will have been around livestock), I'll have to tick a lot of boxes on the customs form :Paranoid:

Hoping to afford some stuff from this guy :D

7. iNeLuKi

iNeLuKi (Banned or Deleted)

Yeah didn't realise Craig had such a huge backlog.

Would love to go to something like that. Being able to wear a gambison without overheating would be a nice change. You may have to pay to get fur and horns fumigated worth checking up on beforehand.

8. Greenman

Greenman Member

Yeah, last I heard it was getting that way.. I have a nice pattern-welded norman/saxon seax he did, but I know it took quite a while before that was done (was a present from my fiance).

Apparently with the horns, if it's all worked and finished (which these would be) it's ok. I think they may zap the fur (irradiate, like a big microwave I guess?), and I don't think that costs anything.

9. Lardman

Lardman Member

I take it that Laser pointers will soon make it in here... :thumbdn:

10. mike-s

mike-s Member

Looks like it
    link 1
    link 2
    link 3

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  11. ywn

ywn Member

i know this is a old thread but has any one got any new info on having samuari swords legal in nsw

i have a set of 3 sword that are mounted up on the wall ( and then tied to the mounting bracket so they cant be removed easily also they are not sharpened ) but i want to know what the legal status in nsw is regarding them

12. apsilon

apsilon Member

There is no issue. Legal to own but like all blades you can't carry them in public without a good reason, not that you'd want to carry wall hangers around anyway.

13. c0de

c0de Member

Because you are a mere subject, protection is only reserved for your lords and masters.

14. sgtraven

sgtraven Member

because you need to be a level 52

15. ChaosMaster

ChaosMaster Member

I'm looking for some advice for VIC. I'm looking at grabbing some ColdSteel knives and Machete's. I dont' know much about Knives and such, but I do believe Katana's are banned in victoria (god damn it). Was wonder if such bans applied on the other stuff. Also, any advice on these would be appreciated, as I don't know much about then, just heard that they were the good stuff. Got a lot of plants in the backyard that my parents like to go at once a year to deal with the overgrowth, and stuff I grab from Bunnings blunt way too easily (especially on the sugarcane).

16. Airquarious

Airquarious Member

17. limecore

limecore New Member

Wait a second. The tiny blade next to the corkscrew (I believe it is a can opener) on a swiss army knife can be used in this way. I don't think they are illegal

Click to view full size!

Edit - a little off subject I guess

18. apsilon

apsilon Member

Well you'd be in trouble if you were found using one that way that's for sure. You'd also have to have tiny hands. If I hold one of mine that way I have less than 5mm of the awl sticking out between my fingers and most of the blade is against my skin so doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

19. kd22

kd22 (Banned or Deleted)

help with ka bar mule

[ HyRax1 edit: Aside from the fact that this is not a what/where to buy thread, prohibited weapons cannot be advertised for on OCAU. If you pursue the matter, you will receive a ban. I also suggest you have a good read of the forum rules that I remind you that you agreed to abide by when you joined OCAU. ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013