Project Cars 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by VirtualNinja, Sep 22, 2017.

1. rexest

rexest Member

Moved onto assetto corsa only regret is not doing so earlier.

Kookooburra likes this.
  2. millen

millen Member

3. dainese

dainese Member

After reading about the wheels on the market for a week or two, I made the decision to buy a thrustmaster T150. The belt and gear drive was the deal winner for me. The force feedback is more progressive than the G29 I used in the UK. I will need to test them back to back but the TM does feel better with a bit more depth of vibration. Not as digital perhaps? The T150 doesn't feel as nice in the hands, with a thinner wheel and simpler rubber grips. I also take comfort that TM have been making input products for games longer if I am not mistaken. Either way, we seem spoilt for choice!

4. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I'd be keen to hear what you think of the T150, I've had a T300RS for roughly two years and love it!

5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

T300 here too..i find the FFB a little weak though..I guess I was spoiled by the Fanatec gear!

6. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

T150 must be a downgrade compared to t300.
    I think t300 should be everyone's first wheel, I wasted $500+ on dfgt and g27, neither of which can handle rf2 or any heavy ffb.

7. dainese

dainese Member

I can't comment with full knowledge as the test scenarios were different between the G29 and the T150, GT Sport and PC2, respectively.

There is a centre dead zone in the wheel that is not nice but I feel that the FFB is a bit more linear. Perhaps more detailed. But again, this could just be PC2 over GT Sport. I find the FFB strength to be sufficient, enough to tug and tear in the right places and nip and chirp when the front end lifts/understeers.

Can't complain about the hardware otherwise, the brake could use a dampener, which I haven't fitted.

Also the AC adapter gets warm in use, and stays luke warm when off, which is a worry so I disconnect.

FYI, i've always loved car games since I was in high school - toca touring, porsche challenge, GT series, NFS, colin macrae etc. But this is first wheel ever and first 'sim' racer ever. So I am no expert.

I had a budget otherwise I would have gotten the T300. There is a YT video from Thailand I think that compares the FFB strengths between models and the T300 is notably stronger than T150. Fanatec seems to be on a higher level overall (it wasn't tested), a premium option it seems.

I have no complaints really. I'd love a stand or some kind of mount. I am using a hall side table right now. so embarrassing.

Pedal hardware feels good and steering character as described above suits me well. If the FFB was stronger I'd probably just work up even more of a sweat as I wrestle my cars to stay on track!

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So anybody still playing this? I just went out for a whirl in a V8 for the fun of it, after not playing for a long time.

Shitty picture is shitty but... Tried out 3 screen shenanigans cause why not? Doesn't look half bad. In the process of knocking together a stand for the wheel and pedals, because their current arrangement is a pain in the ass. The pedals sit too flat and the wheel too high.

But yeah...
    [​IMG]

9. Bourke

Bourke Member

Project Cars 1 and 2 on STEAM for $32aud, which is like $10usd thses days...:tongue::tongue::tongue:

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

No. It’s more like 20. 65 cents to the dollar or there about a.

11. Coopz

Coopz Member

I bought it during the last sales, bit of fun, pretty arcade like in the realism department but I like the weather effects.