Project Cars

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by anthonyl, Oct 12, 2011.

1. The Beast

The Beast Member

Interesting, for me it was night and day between the 1st/2nd events and the 3rd. I'll keep pressing and see if it is me or the game :)

And yes, I'm still way ahead in the championship points, 80 to 43 as the nearest rival so I see your point I guess.

2. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

My observations thus far suggest that the AI are just better at some tracks than they are at others. I dont think there's any 'gaming' per se.

They are also not affected by tyre/brake temp conditions.

Yes, it makes it a little easy to clean out a championship with a few wins, when the AI participants seemingly cant win more than one race each.

Just got a contract to race Formula B... wins arent going to come easy in this monster lol.

3. Will S

Will S Member

well I got a World Record........ I think, it shows the fastest time but maybe because not many have driven the same car around the circuit...... wont mention the car or circuit because you shits will jump in and beat my time :tongue:

4. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

Pics or it didn't happen.

5. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I had a few firsts in time trials but I think they're all gone now. I can appreciate people who get the perfect setup, but I don't really have the time to spend hours on tuning a car for a hot lap. The amount of track cutting going on is amazing too, you'd think the game would be more strict on that.

6. Will S

Will S Member

pics show the car and the circuit and no bloody way:lol:

all that matters is that I know

7. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

It's not your imagination, the AI do start out soft, I cannot find the specific thread or which forum WMD or public which is getting a bit annoying.

However they start at 80% of the AI difficulty setting then ramp up to 100% of your setting. Just set your difficulty accordingly.

When I find it I'll post up more info on it. Got to get a shovel and go digging.

8. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Yeah Spa as posted earlier is a pretty good example. They must be taking the piss.

Anyway having a few thought bubbles on my setup and came across this, which looks pretty cool.

http://www.roccat.org/au-en/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/559/

Basically a button box on a tablet. Has premade grids for AC and pCARS... (and seemingly a whole bunch of games that arent racing sims... pfft, whatever).

Will have a play around tonight because remembering which one of the million buttons on the G25 shifter does what is a mystery.

9. r8response

r8response Member

10. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

Where is the new AMD driver? Was it not supposed to come out a couple of days ago?

11. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

Interesting App will check it out wish it was a bit more customisable though.

Somewhat related, I have made a request for brake balance output in the API, which will be a very handy addition.

Solved the mystery button syndrome with a label maker. Also handy for consistency across multiple sims, rather than what did set that button to do in AC dance.

12. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Leaked 15.5 cats did very little for me.

13. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

14. r8response

r8response Member

There is quite a bit of customisation in the app. If you want it too look good, you'll need to be a bit of a graphics guru

15. xosfear

xosfear Member

Is anyone else getting the car snapping left or right out of a corner when you come on the power? It's really bad in the road cars but not so bad in the formula cars. I've adjusted all of my settings for the G27 as per the guide in the pcars forums and i've added the ffb files.

16. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

hahahaha.. funny guy..

17. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

They have spent all their spare time slaging off Nvidia to make up for thier lack of support in any newly released game.. Even SMS had a go at them, basically saying.. Urrr guys.. we gave you 20 copies of the game and you gave us 0 feedback.. Nvidia on the other hand have been very pro-active.

I gave up on AMD when they took 6 months to fix the driver support for Xfire on Skyrim... 6 months on a AAA title, not to mention the countless other games that had shadowing problems etc. omg never again..

/me grabs popcorn and waits for throwing of amd love in my face. :p

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  18. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Well this is a pcars thread, but yes, I've had enough of amd.. I think it's game over for them..

19. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

20. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

There's legitimate mud to be thrown at Nvidia regarding some of their tactics (lol i cant believe how much shit the fanbois throw at one another regarding the rendering of fucking hair), but none of it relates to Project CARS. It's not gameworks and it's not using gpu physx, the game is, from a technical standpoint, vendor neutral.

AMD performance has been behind the green team since the early days - I know because I've read every post in a 163 page thread on the dev forum regarding the very topic over the last 2 years... and have watched the SMS guys tweak and tune the engine (with some input from AMD) to some impressive gains on AMD cards - some of which were lost in recent driver revisions. There's actually some really sad news coming out of all this shitfighting, but it's not my place to announce it - im sure it will come via official channels in due course.

There just seems to be something about the way pcars' renderer makes draw calls on the driver that Nvidia has an advantage with. I dont know why it's so evident in pcars, these 290s chew pretty much every other game up and spit them out at insane framerates across eyefinity resolutions.

PS. Check out the description for this job going at AMD:

http://amd.jobs/boxborough-ma/cpu-p...m=.JOBS Universe&utm_source=.JOBS XML Feed-DE

Better late than never lol.

Oh and the latest on the driver:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/The-Witcher3.aspx

Fingers crossed that means there's more to be gained than from the leaked 15.5 betas.

Last edited: May 21, 2015