Project *Wet e-Budgie Smuggler* UPDATE 20/02/11

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by iJayforce, Dec 12, 2010.

1. jtir

jtir Member

I like the look of this setup much better than your previous loops. Very clean :thumbup:

2. MoultoMan

MoultoMan Member

New loop looks great! :)
    I liked the red tube better though.

3. ProphetMikey

ProphetMikey Member

Very interesting that you've set up a parallel segment for the 2 GPUs without using a Y-link splitter. Although it's a very clever use of the SLI linkage, I think the 6-18C variation in temps from GPU1 to GPU2 shows that it is not ideal. Not being critical - it looks a lot better than my rig with its Y-links - but that really is a big difference in thermals between the 2 GPUs. My variation is only 2-3C with 3 GPUs.

As I said, not being critical. I really like the layout, especially the fact that you managed to cram it all into the case without making it look crowded. :thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

Hey Mikey, it appears to be a bug in the AIDA64 program I think, when I open it to the desktop (normally have it running in the LCD on my G19) the temps for the 1st GPU appear to have a spike, then about 5-10 seconds later they seem to flash and then settle down. I took another screenshot which is showing that the spread is only 2C and after doing a few more tests and keeping an eye on them they really only ever get out to a 4C spread under full load :thumbup:

[​IMG]

5. ProphetMikey

ProphetMikey Member

Wow, in that case I REALLY like what you've done, using the SLI linkage to replace a Y-link in the parallel segment of the loop! ;)

Great work; I've really enjoyed following this build. :thumbup:

6. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

After spending yesterday mucking around with buggy eyefinity problems I decided today I would try and get some more bench testing done. I started out trying to get a 3DMark 2011 run done but it just kept crashing on the combined test. I fired up intel burn test and found my cpu o/c was not entirely stable, so back into the bios and finally got things sorted there, seems I need 1.4~ to run at 4.0 stable now.

On the flip side, when I got back into it I decided to install 3DMark 06 and Vantage as well, on first run of Vantage with only a mild o/c on the gfx (950/1450) I got a PB of P33,118. In 3DMark 06 I managed to get 27,630 which is still a bit off my pb there (will work on that next) BUT in 3DMark 2011 I now have a new pb of P11571 :D

here is a screenie of the P11558 I got just before it ... :lol:

[​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

Here is a quick shot I just took while taking some pics for another thread.

[​IMG]

I have also been putting my rather basic html skills to use via the use of dreamweaver :) and doing up my work log page ... Wet e-Budgie Smuggler, still a wip but you already know most of the story anyway :lol:

8. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

That is one sweet man area. You gotta be single right?

9. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

hahahahaha ... not at all :D

10. PaulysVision

PaulysVision Member

;) nice Mancave/sanctuary. did you build the metal framework for the steering wheel your self?
    Nice job getting dreamweaver to cooperate, it constantly disagreed with me lol. The end result looks awesome, and wow that PSU is long:shock:

11. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

Hey Pauly, yes I did mate, my best mate was working as a fitter at the time so he could get the 45x45 Aluminium Extrusion at trade price, I used about 6.5m of the material at a cost to me of $350 including cap head bolts to suit.

It is based on a Frex GP Cockpit but much stronger and only cost me about 1/4 of the price :thumbup:

12. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

What pedals are you using since your G27 pedals seem to be up on the desk next to you?

Hoops

13. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

Mate i'll swap my Wife for you'res, if you can get away with that:shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

Mine has a fit IF i don't put away the Mobo box:Paranoid:

14. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

Very impressive 3D Mark 11 score there I must say!

Well done, that's a very fast box! :thumbup:

15. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

Hey Hoops, the pedals on the desk are actually from an old G25, the pedal setup on the cockpit is also from a G25 but I am using the Andy Pastore Load Cell mod along with the Leo Bodnar high res cable (256bit -> 1024bit) and I also have an SLI-PRO, the standard G27 pedals are sitting under the seat and are used with the PS3 and GT5 :D

Thanks ElBeasto, I have done quite a bit to get it where it is and I am pretty happy with the results.

I just need to secure a decent PSU now and get it sleeved to suit (looking at the Silverstone Strider 1500W) :thumbup: then I can start planning my next project :lol:

16. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

Ha yeah it's like that.

I'm about to start tinkering with my build again too! :)

17. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Wow, what a build, nice man!

18. OP
    OP
    iJayforce

iJayforce Member

Cheers mate, I quite like the look of your build also, very close in specs too, what are you pushing in 3DMark11?

I see your a local to Blacktown and possibly even a simracer? What sims are you driving or was that a one off on screen in your youtube vid?

19. callum14

callum14 Member

Nice build and temps, especially liking the station ;) I wish I had the money for that O_O one day

20. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Hahaha nice man, didnt see your a blacktownian. us B town boys know our hardware!

I clear around 10'800 in 3dmark 11, just a bit under you.
    as for sim racers, not has hardcore as your setup mate, the game in my youtube is NFS SHift. It's an oldie but goodie, love it!

BTW, Dicksmith powerhouse has a G27 on special for $439, so tempted to get it