1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 deals

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Doktor, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Doktor

Doktor Member

With the launch around the corner, does anyone know any packages that stores are doing for the PS3? Here in WA, I found the following so far;

EB Games
    Pre-order the PS3, get $30 off Tony Hawk Project 8

Toys R Us
    Pre-order the PS3, get 50% off a game title on the day you pick up the console

MYER
    Pre-order the PS3, get $1200 worth of coupons/vouchers

Sony Style
    Go to the australian sonystyle website. add a 60gig ps3 into your cart and then proceed to checkout. on checkout, there is an option for you to add discount codes. Add the following code: SSALS762289 (i think expires on 28th of feb). This should make the ps3 $100 cheaper. I think you can also do some sort of cashback deal which futher discounts the console by $32. so all up, about 132AU$ cheaper if done correctly. *Thanks to Jackson & caudex for this one*

JB Hi-Fi
    Pre-order the PS3, get a free HDMI cable *Thanks ice_cool, I confirmed at my local JB today*

Big W
    Pre-order the PS3, get a free 2nd controller *Confirmed today in store*

Big W (Staff only)
    Pre-order the PS3, and use your Woolworths Staff Discount Card to get %5 off and get a $50 Wish Gift Card free. Don't know if the free 2nd controller deal applies, although I don't see why not *Thanks to VippiN*

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. Jackson

Jackson Member

Thanks to caudex for this one from another thread.

3. TX3

TX3 Member

Whats the catch with that one? You can only buy Nickerbockers with the $1200!? :p

Seriously though, is that too good to be true?

4. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

the coupons will be for gaming and entertainment stuff, like controllers, games, tvs, dvd players etc

it sounds like itll be the same deal as the Nintendo Wii coupons

5. kr0nic

kr0nic Member

Yea i pre orded my PS3 from Myer here the other day and got the $1200 worth of coupons, ill see if i can find out what they can be used for and post it here.

6. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Dont hold your breath for great deals on those vouchers with Myer....

Many of the Wii ones relating to games are useless. They are only available at certain times of the year and arent to be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Most are like $15 off or whatever, and it just so happens that Myer had a special on the Wii games when those vouchers were eligible anyway and made it useless to use the voucher.

7. ColaKing

ColaKing Member

I don't know about console deals, but I've pre-ordered a couple of games from www.gamewise.com.au - good prices, eg Motorstorm for $84.95

8. OP
    OP
    Doktor

Doktor Member

And Myer is not known for great pricing on games anyway... still, worth noting for the sake of completeness.

9. moomoo1511

moomoo1511 Member

So Myer had a special during the voucher period? And you were not able to use the voucher on the special? Are you sure?

Looking like the best deal:thumbup: Note the delivery fees are around 15 dollars

10. neostars

neostars Member

Hi that order you place with SONY Style, how do u get that $32 cashback thing?

11. Spootage

Spootage Member

You COULD use them, but the discount would only come off of the RRP, not the sale price, as stated on the vouchers themselves.

12. Simonk83

Simonk83 Member

So what are these things going to be selling at once released? I think I heard something not long about about the price being cut fairly dramatically due to something or other :D

13. claf-43

claf-43 Member

which basically means their useless

I recall seeing many Wii games under $85 on Sale a week or so ago, just so happens that coincided with the $15 off vouchers

14. ice_cool

ice_cool Member

JB hifi in the city is giving away a free hdmi cable with a preorder.

15. Jackson

Jackson Member

I did some searching and i think it must be this thing: http://www.buckscoop.com.au/deals/5092/pre-order-a-sony-60gb-ps3-console-s

Sony Playstation 3 on preorder for $879.20 including delivery

I've never heard of them before and all I know about them is from what I read on their website this morning. They seem to be some sort of buyers coop whereby you find a deal on their website, click the link and make the purchase and they get paid for the referal which is then passed on to you. The only negatives seem to be you need a paypal account and it can take 2-3 months for the cashback(the $32 that is, you get the $100 discount straight away). Positives are that the only details you have to give them are your paypal email address and your still purchasing directly through the sony style website.

16. Ralph_Nicholas

Ralph_Nicholas Member

For the guys that pre ordered the PS3 last year from toys r us, if you haven't been told its a free game of your choice

17. Wet Sandwich

Wet Sandwich Member

There is one at big w but only for staff i think..

preorder and get a free controller and $50 gift card

18. neostars

neostars Member

thanks 4 info

19. TX3

TX3 Member

DSE have a deal on to win your preordered PS3 and go to a Prelaunch party. But I guess if you don't win you are forking out full retail price for it.

20. VippiN

VippiN Member

BigW - Use your Woolworths Staff Discount Card to get %5 off and get a $50 Wish Gift Card free.