1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 deals

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Doktor, Feb 23, 2007.

1. bester

bester Member

I was at a K-mart in Melbourne today, and it appears they are also selling them at this price.

Regards,

Bester

2. Xizor

Xizor Member

I went and picked up one for $598 at BigW and bought Colin McRae Dirt at JB. And i cant be bothered finding a HDMI cable around the house and connecting it up hehehe

3. B.thomson

B.thomson Member

A guy at work bought an X-box and 10 games off ebay for around $150. It turned up at his house today.

He's taking it in to Game tonight and going to swap it for the $299 deal.

So it bascially has cost him $450 for the PS3.

4. benny9

benny9 Member

Got my PS3 today went to Big W sold out. Went to EB, wouldn't price match cos Big W were out of stock. Went to JB they wouldn't price match. The I went to Dick Smith Powerhouse they price matched no questions asked(well the guy did ask if Big W had it in stock I lied and said yes) then went back to JB with it in my hands to piss the guy who didn't price match it off and picked up skate.

5. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

:thumbup: :thumbup: hate stores that are tight arses. Stores make enough money as it is, if they won't price match then i'll always go to another store, but yes sometimes you have to bend the truth...but hey ITS YOUR MONEY you are spending, not theirs!!!

Props for going back to JB-HIFI and showed it off, some of those stores are getting worse than the major retailers.

6. Kyl3

Kyl3 Member

So DSE will price match then! Sweet :D

Off to buy one on sat :leet:

7. KenZomgWtfBbq

KenZomgWtfBbq (Banned or Deleted)

If anyone comes to my DSE, I'll price match it for you. Fufufu.
    :D :D :D

8. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

ahahah get you sales up for the week ey? do it for me at a cheaper price and i'll drive down tomorrow :D

9. Kyl3

Kyl3 Member

Can you do an interstate sale and ship it to me? :thumbup:

10. tchi6

tchi6 Member

Isn't it stupid, why would i even need to go to another store in the first place if the store i went to previously had it in stock. the whole reason i'd ever need to price match is because the store i went to didnt have any in stock

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  11. KenZomgWtfBbq

Well, let's say BigW had 1 Ps3 for $1.

They advertised it, and some lucky guy got it for that price.

Then 5000 other people wanting a Ps3 for $1 go to EB and JB wanting price matches. Both EB and JB lose a LOT of money if they price matched.

It is pretty standard these days that they only price match if another store has the item in stock.

12. tchi6

tchi6 Member

then there is no reason for a price match option at all. If big w were selling PS3's for one dollar and they sold out then its tuff titties for me cos i know i can't get it anywhere else for that price.

It's like going into a Big W asking them if they have the PS3 in stock for said price, they go yep, and me going, oh hang on, let me trek all the way to some other place to see if they'll price match cos you guys got it in stock.

What's the point in that? I would've bought the ps3 right then and there.

13. The Beast

The Beast Member

Because that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

Please fully engage your brain into gear before hitting the reply button.

14. KenZomgWtfBbq

Please, continue to not understand my post.

Well sometimes, EB can be closer? Plus pretend that EB does not price match, where will you buy the Ps3 from? Obviously the cheaper place. But if EB price matches, then they can still make some Ps3 sales as opposed to none.

15. The Beast

The Beast Member

There are plenty of valid reasons people might want to have something price matched by retailer B even though retailer A (offering the good price) has the item in stock.

Convenience: if you live 3km from B but 15km from A then shopping at B is better for you if they will price match.

Additional/companion purchases: you might be looking to buy other things at B, maybe things that A doesn't offer, so if it B can sell you the common items at the same price as A you can get everything at one place.

Loyalty: some people dislike certain stores for various reasons, often after sales service or rude staff. If you can't stand A, but like B, then you might be much more comfortable buying from B if they will price match A.

Shopper rewards: There are various rewards programs, frequent flyer points or whatever that may make you prefer to shop at B even if A has stock of the same item.

16. The Beast

The Beast Member

I understand it you muppet, it's just ridiculous. :lol: Don't mind me, I need sleep.

17. SSJX

SSJX Member

that's a pretty good summary beast

18. tchi6

tchi6 Member

haha, true, good points. also, if you could use your niece's staff discount at a different store.

19. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

Thats a stupid example ($1 ps3 yes i know an example but its still stupid), the Ps3 was on sale like a week ago for $688 the RRP is 699 which retailers make enough money from. Who said the the distributor didnt drop prices to push more STOCK and the other companies are making more money out of it??

The $688 inc one game or 3 blu-ray movies...now you get nothing just a conosle for 598 so dont think either sony or the company selling them is selling them at a loss. (yes i know sony takes a loss on every console because of hardware)

I"m not going to pay a rrp of 4999 for a new lcd when i can ge it for 4200 if i go to a couple of stores during the day and let them compete over my money, hell why shouldnt they..ITS MY MONEY they are getting..either for commision or to stay in business.

Awwww companies loose some money...ah bs they may loose a dollar or two off their profit but sure as hell they make up for it for the 1000's of other items they have in stock & are happy to sell.

If a company can't do a certain price...that is the their right not to accept the price match & i won't flame them for it. But if they want MY business then i suggesst they TRY and get close to a price we can both be happy on, i dont expect always the cheapest.

If you have the time to bargain, why not!!! if it means it will save you some money. If you dont then just walk into the story you are happy with and buy it!!

+1 All those reasons..

Now lets get back on topic, this aint a Retailer Pricing VS Customer Service Thread :p

20. Xizor

Xizor Member

I did the exact same fking thing!!!! Dkhead at EB said BigW were out of stock and i said mate i was just there and the girl said she would hold it for me (ok im sneaky..). I asked him what proof he needs, does he want to make a sale, only reason im at EB is cos i wanted a game and the buy 2 blurays get 1 free and he goes nope BigW dont have stock so i just shock my head and said cya. That was the manager at EB Macarthur, dkface. The actual rep i delt with for the most part was a great guy but had to go thru his knob of a manager.

So i went back to BigW where i got the cute girl to hide it for me, bought it (hmm should of hit on her), then went back to EB to rub in their face and walked out. Then went and bought Dirt and JB (fking hard it shits me, anyone know if they have a return policy if not happy??? lol).

Now to wait for the $180 worth of blurays i ordered from amazon last night! wooohoo!!