1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 Media server lagging on certain files

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Rusty X5, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

I currently run my media from my server PC through a PS3 and use PS3 Media Server 1.90.1. The program and interface is fine and runs great even though some I guess now may see it as obsolete.

Anyway, very recently I've experienced certain tv shows lagging and stuttering through certain sections of the show. Its weird, say action packed sections of the new Star Trek Discovery S3 work fine, yet in the latest The Mandalorian and The Expanse season files are lagging through actioned packed or very graphical areas of screen time. I generally get the same files as previous ones and all are 1080p, h264 and decent bitrate due to their file size. PS3 is hooked up through ethernet hard cable so no so-called 'wifi' issues.

I thought it might of been my (replacement) TV, as my old bravia which recently died has faster refresh rate then our current bravia, but this ain't the case as I can run the files fine using HDMI straight from laptop.

So..is these recent files somewhat different? Or can't my PS3 keep up? It really weird cause I've never had this problem til only since a few weeks ago.

2. Pugs

Pugs Member

Wired or wifi??

3. OP
    OP
    Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member