Ps3 stopped playing certain disc...

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Smegenstein, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

So my mates ps3 was working fine then suddenly it wouldn't play his copy of last of us. If you put it in it tries to read the disc and then eventually makes a noise like it tries to eject it but it doesn't actually eject. His copy of last of us works fine on my ps3. We tried Games from all regions and they all play, it is just this one disc. We both have the 120gb model...

2. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

bluray laser about to die? (doesnt seem to make sense it's only one game stuffing up...)

un-install & reinstall?

3. Catweazle

Catweazle Member

Drive in one rig is in better shape than drive in the other rig. Simple as that, I'd suggest. Disk in question will have a teensy scratch or scuff that your console's drive can tolerate, but his console's drive isn't reading as well and can't tolerate it.

4. AERO

AERO Member

im having the same problem, new game discs wont work in my 120gb console, yet wok in a 60gb fat ps3. really frustrating. sounds like its a 120gb model problem or something. oh and my ps3 has had sweet stuff all use in the time ive had it. (think used it about 20 hours in the last 3 years), other discs work fine...

5. emblurr

emblurr Member

Laser about to die, same thing happened with a friend of mines. Would make the eject sounds when trying to play large size discs like God of War. You'll have to replace the laser in it.