PS5 Update: Launches "Holiday 2020"

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Uchuujin-san, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Straferight

Straferight Member

15-16th... Hope it's a placeholder

2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

So what about all the people who have pre-orders already in the system for almost 2 months now, people can jump the queue with fresh online orders?

3. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

No, the "new orders" available on Thursday are for the next allocation being delivered mid December

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If the next allocation is for mid December why is my order from 2 months ago slated for February... lol

5. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

Mine from Amazon says 12th-16th

6. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Yep...

7. Straferight

Straferight Member

Mine just got updated to 13-16th. Pretty dirty because people are saying Sony has sent theirs already.

8. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

:wired::Paranoid:

*checks email*

Nothing new from Amazon...

Phew.

Tbh Amazon are usually pretty quick with delivery. So I'm hoping I might see it on Friday :)

9. flain

flain Member

I have Demons Souls, a controller and charging station on pre-order on amazon and today the date on those changed for me to 16/11/2020.

10. pcgamer01

pcgamer01 Member

ALOT of things got delayed.

Games/Accessories.

So I am not surprised.

Only 2 days for those who was lucky! pretty pumped

11. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Damn 2moro is gonna be a long day...

12. alexb618

alexb618 Member

does anyone know how the trade ins will work?

i will prob do an order with EB on thurs, when the ps5 arrives do i just take in my ps4 pro boxed up on the day i collect? or do i need to do something to arrange it at the time of the pre order?

13. Audionut

Audionut Member

It sounds like you haven't already secured a pre-order with EB? If you haven't, your chances are slim to none.
    https://press-start.com.au/news/pla...-xbox-series-x-before-christmas-in-australia/

If EB were to take new pre-orders for delivery before xmas, they would need to have secured a whole bunch of stock, because they would first need to push up all of their wave 3 pre-orders first. Otherwise shit would hit the fan with everyone who secured a wave 3 pre-order, if new pre-orders were delivered before wave 3 got their stock.

edit: And there's no place holders at the EB site for PS5 pre-orders, and I'm pretty sure there were placeholders on the site for the initial pre-orders back when.

You secured an order for feb. If you really want one earlier, it's probably best to secure a new pre-order and once confirmed, then cancel the EB pre-order for feb.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  14. alexb618

alexb618 Member

i have been led to believe EB are opening some orders up on thursday this week?

but the question is about trade in, even if there is no order opening up this week, whenever the next one is.

i dont have some urgent need for a ps5 in the next couple of months but it would be nice to lock in that high trade value.

15. Audionut

Audionut Member

The trade-in deal I linked to earlier lasts until late Jan I believe. But you must have a new console secured to be trading towards. Otherwise the price for trade-in of the consoles is significantly less. Not sure the exact price, but plenty of people saying better to just sell privately.

You should check with your local store for trading in. If they aren't busy then maybe just take the PS4 in on the day, otherwise it's probably best to have everything sorted and payed off before the PS5 arrives. For the first way this thursday, plenty of stores have organized "fast passes" for those who just need to pickup the console without doing anything else, given how busy they expect to be.

alexb618 likes this.
  16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Tell me about it :lol: a game I've been eagerly awaiting came out today (Yakuza 7) but as I traded my ps4 in on Monday I have no way of playing it till I can get my hands on my ps5 on Thursday.

Also keen to check out that miles morales game too ^_^

I'm curious how busy my store will be. They didn't seem to have any kind of fast pass system (that I know of) not that it matters I'll be in the area before opening time anyway as I usually go out for breakfast on Thursdays.

The store I went into today had all lines and stuff set up that aren't usually there so I suspect it's going to be a bit crazy for a bit lol

Trizae likes this.
  17. Trizae

Trizae Member

Wait is going to be hard for us all! Glad there is a Yakuza fan here too! I'm keen on it but just an fyi incase you aren't aware the version you'll get if you play it it doesn't have the ps5 enhancements (60fps as it is a timed exclusive for this upgrade on series x) so if you play and the ps5 version and upgrade is made available i think around 21st march maybe? The saves don't transfer to that version..

I'm holding off until the upgrade/that version is made available I hope Sega does a day ichi for that ps5 release as i want my 4k/60fps dragon engine goodness if that matters at all to you :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Nightwish likes this.
  18. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yeah I know. I was considering waiting and getting the ps5 version... But the same time there was three reasons I got my ps4 version

1) I'm a massive sucker for steelbooks
    2) impatient
    3) I have all of the other games on the ps4 so it kinda completes my collection

That said I am a looney who likes to collect games and while I don't have Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS2 (so expensive :upset:) I do have 3,4,5 and dead souls on ps3 and I couldn't resist the remastered collection on ps4, as well as zero, kiwami 1&2, the CE of Yakuza 6, judgment and fist of the north star lost paradise... So yeah just a tiny bit of a fan... So knowing me I probably will end up buying the ps5 version eventually too.

Gotta get my Baka Mitai fix in 4k :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Trizae likes this.
  19. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I asked about launch day when I paid off my order and they said they will have 2 lines setup.
    1 for people who have paid off there order and just need to pickup which will be prioritized and another line for those that still need to finalize there orders.
    If you are planning to pickup in morning 2moro I’d suggest going in today and paying.

Trizae and Nightwish like this.
  20. VIP3R

VIP3R Member

Just got invoiced and a tracking number from Sony Australia 5 mins ago. Says it’s on its way. Here’s hoping for a Thursday / Friday delivery

Trizae and the_fuzz like this.