1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PS5 Update: Launches "Holiday 2020"

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Uchuujin-san, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Damn

What a schamozzle. I'd like to just put my name down somewhere (happy to pay a deposit) and not dick around hitting refresh in multiple locations.

2. Sledge

Sledge Member

My PS5 has been in transit for a week with no further updates..
    Whereas someone else who ordered same time, and shipped same time got his 2 days later :(

Nintendo switch is doing the same thing too...

Seems to be some sort of hold up in melbourne for me :(

3. MrBS

MrBS Member

Over the weekend I was doing tech support for a friend just to get COD working. A system reset and 100GB of updates did the trick. Now my friend can finally play the campaign. Poor fella had been one of many having issues since launch, after phone and email help it finally reached the point where I told him to just give it to me to fix lol

pepsimax and Trizae like this.
  4. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Got mine through Vodafone today

mesaoz, Trizae and jpw007 like this.
  5. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Assassin's creed is decent, but not as good as the last 2...I ended up having several freezes where the game crashed and exited, at least the system handled it somewhat graciously (never had to get off couch to power reset. lol). Wasn't horrible - like maybe one crash per 4 hours gameplay. But certainly worse than any recent PC games I've played, other than maybe borderlands 3 on launch.

Anyway now that WoW: Shadowlands is out and cyberpunk is about to be out without a proper PS5 version, my PS5 has begun collecting dust. Awaiting some good games that I wouldn't prefer play on PC.

The only thing I've tried to do with it for the past few weeks is use it for Plex - which I quickly discovered is completely broken, and google searching reveals this to be a widespread issue (constant buffering). So I've had to continue using PS4 for plex duties...

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Started up Spoder Miles last night, fidelity mode says it's 30fps but it feels smoother than the first game did even when I played it on the PS5, maybe more blurring.

Ray tracing looks nice for 5 minutes then you stop noticing it. There a lot of scenes set up specifically to show off the RT reflections, a notable one is a server room in an early section of the game that has mirror finished tiles on the floor for no particular reason lol

Trizae likes this.
  7. Trizae

Trizae Member

That’s because it has better frame time and pacing compared to their previous gen counterparts as well as a better motion blur engine! I’m playing through Spider-Man remastered actually (doing the dlc now for the plat) the fidelity mode is very impressive I switch back and forth here and there or within certain story beats but generally leave it at performance (hard to notice rt as much when you’re whizzing about) very impressive keen to check out miles but something slower paced like cyberpunk I think the ray tracing would shine!

you played demon souls yet? Going through it after I’m done with Spider-Man and juggling between it and cyberpunk :)

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Dude Demon's Souls is the reason I got a PS5 so early in the lifecycle (couldn't be any earlier I suppose)

The remake is some seriously hot shit (the good kind not the bad kind) I rate it 9/10

Trizae likes this.
  9. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

Anyone got cyberpunk ps5 version? Apparently you have to order from the 10th (today) to get it?

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

There is no PS5 version, PS4 version will run in PS4pro enhanced mode on PS5

A free update will come out some time in 2021 to add graphical features to the ps5 version

pepsimax and Trizae like this.
  11. Trizae

Trizae Member

I think hes referring to Amazon orders in general I ordered the pc version but cancelled it and got it for 29.99 on gog instead when they didnt give an eta

12. Sledge

Sledge Member

Ordered my ps5 just over a month ago from Amazon, received today.
    Friend ordered on release day from eb, told today he won't be getting it until next year!
    He's ropeable...

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The only reason to even go eb was for trade ins, EB really botched this launch

14. Zee

Zee Member

Bit of an odd question, for anyone that may know - because reasons... Is there much difference between various versions of the PS5 in different countries? Specifically HK and Japan? We're in SE Asia, and looking at a PS5, HK and Japanese versions are our options... No amount of Googling has shown anything (my Googling may* suck)

Z...

15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Probably just a different power adaptor and default language for setup? I don't think region locking is a thing anymore

jpw007 and BuD like this.
  16. jpw007

jpw007 Member

This is correct.

Only difference should be power plug and default language.

17. pepsimax

pepsimax Member

I ordered through EB and was spewing also about the delayed shipments. Was not getting updates or any word back from them when I would receive it but got the call up a few weeks ago to come pick it up.

They noted that the shop had over 250 pre orders to fill and we're still trying to find other PS5's to complete those orders.

Just wish I had a 1Gb net connection to download the +30Gb patch updates

Sledge likes this.
  18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

My PS5 has spent more hours playing old star gate DVDs than playing games

Finished demons souls in 11 hours flat and am nearly done with spidey MM...

Should've gotten a graphics card instead

jpw007 likes this.
  19. eastley

eastley Member

Can't remember when the last time I turned mine on, really lackluster launch, no new exciting games really.

WuzzA21 and mesaoz like this.
  20. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm just waiting for them to be available so i can replay MGS4, Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5, and God of War lol.

Though i'll be a day 1 purchase of GoW2 and Ratched & Clank.