1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PS5 Update: Launches "Holiday 2020"

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Uchuujin-san, Oct 8, 2019.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Is it going to be more in the style of 7?

Trizae likes this.
  2. Trizae

Trizae Member

Not sure if you caught the trailer or played the PS5 demo, so yes lol

3. power

power Member

any talk of PSVR support?

4. Trizae

Trizae Member

They've not mentioned it for the 5 version its been tested internally from leaks but I doubt they'll mention VR until a next gen PSVR specific headset

5. power

power Member

considering PSVR is fully supported seems a bit silly to not include it, imo at least it was the big selling point of the PS4 version of the last game.

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If I'd played the demo I wouldn't be asking

Trizae likes this.
  7. Trizae

Trizae Member

PSVR isn't fully supported on ps5 without a camera adapter all but blood and wine run in ps4 back compatibility mode while i want and own a PSVR unit (still waiting for camera adapter for RE:Village to work would need a next gen VR unit to run if you've played the demo at all. Ps4 pro doesn't have the grunt to run this in vr decently I don't think.

8. Trizae

Trizae Member

All the trailers that have been released so far show it first person and in the vein of REVII and not any of the other series though, with the addition of all the returning characters from the 7th installment.

Did you play the 7th in vr out of curiousity? I've played the 7th on pc but actually looking forward to it in whenever my adapter arrives :Paranoid:

9. power

power Member

i had a quick go, the framerate needed some work but it takes the experience up a notch.

The adapter from what I understand is free from Sony? And PS4VR games all work fine?

Trizae likes this.
  10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I haven't played 7 because I watched a playthrough on youtube and ruined it for myself. I've always been interested though.

The trailer above is the first I've seen for this game, on a rewatch I did see about 1 second of a first person view of a gun :thumbup:

11. power

power Member

i feel like playing it would still be worth it, but unless VR - PC is the go.

12. mechwarrior

mechwarrior Member

Hi all
    Any idea when Ps5 will be back in stock. Been trying from last year, no luck.

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

This week almost every major retailer has had them up for sale again

MR CHILLED likes this.
  14. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I couldn't get into RE7. Never been much for scary games, the fear from childhood has followed me but i rarely do get scared.

Loved/hated RE2 remake though. Hated the fiddly shit with backtracking etc, but loved the game as a whole.

15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Got around to playing the RE8 demo. It was interesting, I was on edge in the dungeon but relaxed after a bit. It's pretty much a hidden objects game or point and click adventure game but with a spooky theme...

Probably won't be grabbing the full game.

16. Trizae

Trizae Member

it's actually a tech demo more than anything main game will be alot more than that with a horror action puzzle focus you should give 7 a whirl its free on the ps plus collection

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Yeah I'll pass on ps plus, I don't play console games often so having an active sub isn't good value for me. Can also get a res7 key on PC for under $10aud

Was interesting to see an RT enabled demo that has a mirror right near the start that doesn't reflect anything. The HDR implementation was great though.

Trizae likes this.
  18. mechwarrior

mechwarrior Member

Hi Sledge I’ve been checking Jb hi, Amazon Harvey Norman regularly and nothing has come up?

19. pepsimax

pepsimax Member

I always buy a PS Now sub when it is on a 25% discount, I have a PS Now account fully paid until 2025 lols

Trizae likes this.
  20. Trizae

Trizae Member

Case for RT is negligible, same case as cyberpunk where it doesn't display the player reflection either due to cost and jank (unless you visit a specified mirror) i'd presume the rt in this is due to shadows and soe of the reflections on the chandelier and puzzle down stairs.

Stop fighting ps plus and being difficult man comes with 'free' games :p

PS Now? *PS PLUS;) I had to double take and think when was ps now service released in oz :lol: