1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PS5 Update: Launches "Holiday 2020"

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Uchuujin-san, Oct 8, 2019.

1. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

So my family tried to get me a PS5 for my 30th birthday, but weren't able to secure one. Ended up getting a $749 Amazon voucher - so eagerly waiting a stock drop. Anyone got any word of when the next big drop of PS5's are due? Particularly at Amazon?

2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Check this link religiously. Amazon generally sells out within 10 minutes of adding stock, last stock drop was 22nd Feb

https://www.amazon.com.au/PlayStati...a19a6cc100be9&language=en_AU&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

3. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Haha - got it bookmarked and also got notifications on all the PS5 stock twitter pages... Fingers crossed. Hopefully if last drop was 22nd Feb, it might mean another drop later this week/early next week.

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

ozbargain reckon harvey norman are getting a shipment on the 15th, I don't know how Sony divvy up the shipments but there's a good chance other retailers will get stock too.

the_antipop likes this.
  5. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Sign up to the Good Guys EOI list also. That's how i secured mine. It would have been same shipment as that Amazon on 22 Feb. It was a nice surprise bday present from the wife too :)

6. Trizae

Trizae Member

You just missed a Harvey Norman drop this morning but Amazon is sure to drop not long after keep your eye out today and the coming days/weeks

the_antipop likes this.
  7. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Unfortunately my family bought me a Amazon giftcard - so keeping an eye on that page.

8. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Sorry mate. I literally saw it then forgot when i responded thinking other avenues were an option.

In my defence I woke up about 2hrs earlier than normal this morning and need coffee :lol:

There's chrome add-ons that monitor and refresh pages at whatever intervals you choose. They can be of serious help in this situation.

I've used this one https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/distill-web-monitor/inlikjemeeknofckkjolnjbpehgadgge?hl=en

Probably better than just twitter pages as you're not relying on others?

the_antipop likes this.
  9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

PS5 disc edition + additional controller (total of 2) $860 including delivery direct from sony available right now at time of posting - IN STOCK not pre order for future fulfilment

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/607765

edit: and it's GONE... 5 minutes flat

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  10. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Gone already

mesaoz likes this.
  11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Came and went really fast on amazon today, did you manage to snag one?

12. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Finally joined the ps5 owners club.... got mine from jbhifi. Preordered on 17th Feb was in stock on 22nd. Best to give your local jbhifi a ring to see if they're doing preorders.

Drizz06, mesaoz, Trizae and 1 other person like this.
  13. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I can’t believe there’s still no stock.

14. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The demand is unprecedented and at a time where production just can't be ramped up

15. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Crazy times indeed.

16. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

There are also sweet fuck all games, so people like me who already played all the PS4 greats got our consoles in November... played demons souls remake (fantastic btw) and spoderman standalone expansion and have had it collecting dust since.

17. power

power Member

or like me didn't bother. I played spidey on PS4 and it was good there but not a must play title (I prefer the original game) Forbidden West might see me chasing a PS5 but eh, only maybe - there is going to be a PS4 release.

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Yeah original spidey 2018 was the first game in a long time I bothered to platinum trophy.

I only bought it as soon as I did for demon's souls, otherwise I'd have waited for a more extended library.

19. power

power Member

I still have a PS3 copy of DS that I haven't played to say I'm in no rush is an understatement :D

20. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The original is fantastic, the remake is even better.

The ocarina of time esque rolling mechanic is so bad in the original DS lol, rolling sideways off cliffs all day.