pusbag's review on upgrading from iPhone 3G to 3G 'S'

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by pusbag, Nov 16, 2009.

1. pusbag

pusbag (Banned or Deleted)

The good
    -Speed increase is DEFINITELY noticeable and is AWESOME. Whenever I use the 3G now it just feels laggy and crap (I'm talking about general OS speed not network speed here)
    -Camera is also a LOT better plus the integrated video without having to get jailbreak apps
    -Compass is useful to see what direction you're heading in the maps app
    -Alot of emulators run a lot better on 3gs :)

The bad
    -At first the GPS didn't work at all, had to do some trick thing to get it working but it works fine now

And the ultimate bad - WTF WIFI. It's very unstable and often just doesn't connect, signal is heaps worse than the 3G on my home network. The wifi is near unusable, it is horrible. Anyone know how to fix this?

Overall - Was it worth the few $100 to upgrade? Right now no because the wifi sucks ass. But with working wifi, I would say yes the speed is a great improvement as well as the other smaller things.

2. alexb618

alexb618 Member

are you looking in settings to see if the wifi is connecting, or just up the top next to the clock

mine often says 3G when the wifi is actually connected

3. OP
    OP
    pusbag

pusbag (Banned or Deleted)

Checking settings and it either doesn't connect at all, or connects but constantly drops out :thumbdn:

4. Clem

Clem Member

sounds like your device coz my wifi is very good, picks up all the AP's around the house and changes to them as needed....

5. alexb618

alexb618 Member

tend to agree that might be the issue. my iphone picks up my wifi in rooms of my house that my laptop doesnt get a signal!

6. Onyx

Onyx Member

Yeah sounds like the wifi issue is specific to your device. Mine's working well - doesn't drop connection unexpectedly, it's stable and generally usable.

7. neo2_tas

neo2_tas Member

When I first got my 3G iPhone I had to get a replacement as the wifi was faulty out of the box. At first it would connect but was really flakey, then after a few hours it wouldn't connect at all. It sounds like your 3GS has a similar problem.

8. TheNek

TheNek Member

what software version are you on?