[Q] ultrawide or super ultrawide

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by renvilo, Sep 17, 2019.

1. renvilo

renvilo Member

Hi guys,

I was looking at a new MSI 34" ultrawide 1440 100hz screen for $700. But then i found these 2 both second hand and only 3 months old:

AOC ultrawide - New its 1050 and getting it for 750: https://www.pccasegear.com/products...Kr4bmvgwFdJwo5XeJzsuxfjiIpyqdOZRoCdDQQAvD_BwE

Or

Asus Super ultrawide - New 1750 and getting it for 900:https://www.centrecom.com.au/asus-4...q6q_vZEywb5YXJFnAsw8RNtKIpvP6U2xoC29kQAvD_BwE

I do have a 1070 and i don't know if it will handle the 49" Double Full HD display.. i don't think ill ever run it full screen in games so might keep at 21:9 and just use the side bars for whatsapp and gmail etc. But even with the 1070 i don't know if its going to handle games that well. What would you do..

I'll be using the screen 80% of the time for work so bigger would be nicer. I'm use to a 1080 and pixels seems fine for me. Not sure if a 1440 would be too small (font size) and if I have to upscale isn't a 1440 pointless?

nope likes this.
  2. nope

nope Member

3. OP
    OP
    renvilo

renvilo Member

I have a 1070. Don't know how good kogan is..

4. nope

nope Member

kogan is excellent, just get a decent vesa stand

5. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Lol Kogan monitors are not ‘excellent’. They are ‘decent for the price’ and the price is very cheap. They are great for people who don’t particularly care for quality

6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Just get a new X34P. Done.

7. nope

nope Member

uhuh no worse qc than asus who ive seen dead pixels screen after screen

8. Fliptopia

Fliptopia New Member

I've used the original Samsung 49" and ended up buying a Samsung 34" that while I liked the massive wrap around screen, I really didn't use more than the 34" in real terms in games. Maybe it's years of playing with smaller screens but the mouse turns my head in game, I rarely turn my actual head which you really need to do to really see the whole screen. You may get a bit of peripheral vision but you usually have to focus pretty hard in most games around the centre of the the screen. You wouldn't really be dissappointed either way though.