Q6600 / DS3P Advice please!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Warpy, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Boxman

Boxman Member

Something is obviously wrong. I had a my 965P-DS3 rev 1.0 and Q6600 B3 combo running at up to 450FSB 1:1 with the memory without any issues at all. If you are using the JMB36X controller for your hard drives then make sure you have set it up appropriately and installed the latest drivers.

The other thing that can stop you is using windows utilities for FSB clocking and innapropriate memory settings. Try leaving the memory on auto timings 1:1 with the FSB and boot at FSB intervals of 20MHz when you test for max FSB.

What revision is the troublesome board?

2. Knobi

Knobi Member

Kewl. what is the bios utility? dont you flash it using a floppy or something?

3. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

Floppy or USB. I think the button is "end" to do it but i can't remember.

4. OP
    OP
    Warpy

Warpy Member

I use my USB stick and enter the Qflash utility via the BIOS. I don't have a floppy drive you see!

5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

lol, i don't have a floppy drive either. Why pay for something i will never use and will just add wires to my cluttered case.

6. RnegadeVyp3r

RnegadeVyp3r (Banned or Deleted)

Ah, Gigabyte have a program called "@Bios" and it allows you to flash your bios within Windows without USB keys, Floppys etc. Its on your Install Disk or from their website :)

I have never had an issue with this program and ia m about to reboot mine and update it to F9 Bios :)