Qantas Flight Refund

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by glenpinn, Apr 3, 2020.

1. clonex

clonex Member

majority of people probs dont travel for work by plane.

didnt qld gov announce some joint venture $99 one-way fares to whitsundays today?

2. wwwww

wwwww Member

They're just a small subset of potential beneficiaries. There are so many other ways it benefits. E.g. your example:

This is a good example of what can be done.

3. frnak

frnak Member

Qantas agreed to refund my July flights. Qantas had cancelled and automatically rebooked them for an impossible schedule. I called them up and they didn't give me any trouble, agreeing to a refund straight away. There is still an 8-10 week delay. My May and June refunds haven't been processed yet either.

4. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

Thai is still not refunding. My tickets for May were cancelled in March. They promised to refund in May, nothing came. Now they tell me "please be patient". Doubtful looks.

5. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

Did they get bailed out, or am i thinking of another Airlines ?

I feel pretty good now that i have just used my $271 Qantas voucher to book my Sisters one way ticket from Perth to Melbourne next month (she is returning to Tasmania to live)

They allowed a name change on the voucher but only when booking the ticket.

6. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

It's Thai. Their website says they are in "rehabilitation". They are operating, they accept reservations, and even run promotions. They have only suspended mileage rewards.

7. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

I still think you should try the card issuer refund, the product or in this case service was not delivered and it was a service you had to pay months in advance for, hence why any time limits should be waived.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news...etail/clarifies-passenger-ticket-refunds.page

Mastercard chargeback

https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/global/documents/chargeback-guide.pdf

page 230-231

"In cases involving delayed delivery of goods or services and the delivery or performance date was specified by the merchant and the latest anticipated delivery or performance date was specified by the merchant has passed: within 120 calendar days of the latest anticipated delivery or performance date specified by the merchant."

There you go

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    coolroy likes this.
  8. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I paid in February. I don't think the card issuer will accept a complaint / request that many months later.

9. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

got the inevitable email yday about flights to USA booked for Sep/Oct

Important Information about your flight

Qantas has announced further network changes in response to Coronavirus and various government travel restrictions.

As a result we've had to cancel your flight.

The value of your ticket has been stored as a Flight Credit. Your Flight Credit has an expiry date of 31 December 2021 and you won't be charged any change fees on rebooking. We'll email your Flight Credit details soon, and it will also outline how to access other options available to you (including a refund).

If your booking contained a Classic Reward or Qantas Points redemption, Qantas Points will be returned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account, and any cash component will be refunded or placed in credit, depending on your booking.

We'll be processing these as soon as possible, however due to unprecedented volumes this may take longer than usual.

Click here for information regarding the Australian Consumer Law.

We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

10. Azrael

Azrael Member

My next ones are coming up mid November. No emails yet.

11. Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Damn, I'm still waiting on word for my Vietnam trip in September - no news yet.. Doubtful this will go off without a hitch. 6 accom bookings, 4 flights and a visa to reschedule .. I certainly do not look forward to that job.

12. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Because a single plane is half a billion dollars and if they didn't go into insane debt an airline would grow at the rate of 1 plane every few years. Probably decades if they are just starting out with 1 aircraft. Or never!
    (Boeing 777 $459,000,000 AUD)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  13. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

You must be bored, replying to a post from May 24 :lol::thumbup:

I had no idea that a plane could cost that much money, seems like a lot for a plane.

Take a glider, it's cheaper.

Nethiuz likes this.
  14. jcorney

jcorney Member

awww, it is cute, he is quoting list prices

15. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Sorry i was just reading through the thread, didn't notice dates. Seemed to flow on nicely like it was all written this week.
    I was playing with an aircraft today that only sits 6 people and would barely make it 400 kilometres on a tank of fuel and it cost $3.5 million. Anything Aviation is insanely expensive.

A lot of carriers either sell on aircraft in favour of new cheaper to run models or flog them for 40 years until they pay themselves off, but the problem with the world at the moment is nobody wants to buy a plane and you can't flog one to death because nobody wants to or is allowed to fly.
    Even if they were given a holiday on repayments it costs thousands of dollars a day to have one sitting around. I have some sympathy for the airlines as they aren't failing currently because of their own faults, but because the Governments of the world forced them to stop operating.

Luckily my company owns all aircraft, owes no money, is very rich and happy to fly at a loss currently just for something to do :) But we are Helicopters, no fixed wings to be seen here.

Hey buy 6 and get a discount mate.. Oh wait you can't because you would have to borrow "Billions" ;)

16. cvidler

cvidler Member

I don't know about you, but MY buying discount with Boeing isn't that great.

I'd hate to see the options list. stupidly easy to add 100k+ to list price of am already expensive car in options.

Nethiuz likes this.
  17. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars just to get it delivered after you bought it, then you add livery and your seating options.
    Typically you get none or 2 options for engines, as most planes are only certified with a single type of engine, but you can bet if there is an option the upgrade would be TENS of millions. :)

Sorry i get carried away and derail threads when it comes to Aviation, bit of an obsession for me.

18. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

You have an Airline :eek: would yo be up for a takeover by any chance :D

On a sad note, I met Troy Thomas and his family last year on a trip to the Kimberley's, very sad death, and i so hope his beautiful daughter comes good, would be a massive loss if anything happens to her as well.

Nethiuz likes this.
  19. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I work for one, not really an airline, we do rescue, commercial, tourism, everything really.

Kimberly's is amazing country, sad to hear but about Troy but i hope apart from that you had a great time.

20. jcorney

jcorney Member

i was always surprised that in the Kimberley Twiggy was ok getting in a 210, if I had stupid money i wouldn't get in anything powered by avgas ever again be it fixed or rotary wing

Nethiuz likes this.