Qantas Flight Refund

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by glenpinn, Apr 3, 2020.

1. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Emails from Air Asia X inviting passengers who hold credits to submit a proof of debt form, will be interesting to see much we get back, that is, if the major creditors vote to keep AAX solvent

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  2. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

We flew Air Asia a lot in the Philippines back in early 2019, domestic flight, and i was very happy with them, their planes were better than those used by Cebu Pacific.

I had no idea they were in trouble, and looking at their website just now i notice that they say they will be back stronger ?

https://www.airasia.com/en/gb

Not sure what your circumstances were, do you travel a lot, or maybe live in Asia somwhere, but whatever the case, good luck with your refund.

3. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

AAX are seeking 0.3 cents to the dollar restructure on 20 Billion debt, if they can get enough creditors to vote yes they'll be ok, POD form suggests that includes us passengers with credits
    As i travel without checked bags, dont need to eat and watch a screen to keep myself sane, i liked AAX for mega cheap fares so would like for them to stick around, even if i only get a 60 cents refund :)

4. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

Hows everyone's Thai airways refunds going? still waiting for mine, based on the responses im getting im half expecting to receive no refund.

5. wwwww

wwwww Member

1 refunded by Thai Airways (back in Feb 2020)
    1 turned into unusable credit (I originally changed the date )
    1 refunded through chargeback

Well if they their restructuring plan goes through they will be 14 billion dollars less poor so yes they will be back stronger.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Raptor_Eye likes this.
  6. caspian

caspian Member

good luck. my wife spent hours on the phone getting our last set of fees fully refunded. as far as I'm concerned, if the service can't be provided as and when paid for, then it's my right to opt for a refund.

I can only advise anyone looking to book anything to ask some very direct questions - and get the response in writing - as to what will happen if the service gets cancelled as a result of government restrictions. if you're only going to be entitled to a credit or rebooking that you may be unable to use, or be forced to use at a time that's not suitable to you - go elsewhere.