Question about transferring between iPhone and Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Alfonzo, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Hi guys,

I feel this is a bit of a stupid question but a question all the same. My wife and I both currently have iPhones and both take lots of photos and videos of our daughter - so we find Airdrop is really good for quickly sharing these back and forth.

I'm pretty much over the Apple ecosystem and plan to go to my second Android ever for the next personal phone, however I need to know what the best way to share between the two phone flavours is. Can anyone advise? Is there a simple way out there? I know we could share via Messenger or Whatsapp but I'd like to avoid that if possible - from memory Messenger will compress the quality.

2. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

If it's photos, Google photos is stupidly easy. Much better than iOS imo. You can make shared albums, share directly in the app. You can even set up to automatically share all your photos, or any photos with a specific person in them (eg your kids), with your partner.

The good thing about Google photos is that it uploads everything to your google account for free, so when you share it, you share the link to it. So you don't have to wait to upload to another program before sharing it.

Other files you can share easily on Google drive

Scarpetta likes this.
  3. power

power Member

As above, Google ecosystem is much more seamless and friendly.

4. OP
    OP
    Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Ahh, interesting I didn't even consider Google Photos. Looks like it'll work perfectly.