Questions regarding iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by sjaeger172004, Mar 18, 2019.

1. sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

Hi All

I am considering getting an ipad 6th generation 128gb as my 2014 Samsung 10.4 tablet is dying (home button working maybe 25% and 4G is finicky). I have been out of the iDevice seen since the Samsung s4 which replaced my iPhone 4s. Also considering waiting for the September Keynote

1. How would I back up my app data?
    2. Is there any way to view apps on the app store through iTunes or the pc as I do not have an iDevice yet as could not find the App Store on iTunes?
    3. What would be a very rugged case

Thanks

2. varin

varin Member

3. OP
    OP
    sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

Thank you very much :)

4. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

are you talking about backing up your data on your samsung or the ipad?

5. OP
    OP
    sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

iPad :)

6. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

iTunes and iCloud.. what I've been doing is getting into the iOS app quick thoughts. You get money for doing surveys, and then you can either cash out to JB hi-fi vouchers or iTunes credit. I do the iTunes credit and use that to pay for my iCloud storage

7. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I'm a big fan of the Otterbox defender series, although they are pricey they have always lasted really well and performed excellently for small kids. I especially like the extra hard plastic front bit which is a brilliant idea when kids are putting the iPad into a school bag.
    https://www.otterbox.com.au/ipad--5...fn1=device_name&prefv1=iPad+(6th+Gen)&start=1

That said, this time I was looking for something other than black (which appears to be all I could find) for my daughter and was reading reviews about rugged cases and this was one of the recommended options:
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Supcase-Unicorn-Full-Body-Protective-Protector/dp/B06XWRC6VF/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3BAMS95R26LHZ&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1553073595&sr=1-1&keywords=supcase+ipad&th=1

It only arrived today but I was very impressed with the initial look and feel and the build quality. How well it lasts is to be seen, but for the cost I could buy three of these compared to the Otterbox.
    Not that I think it will matter, but I got the Ipad Pro 10.5" version. I'm also looking at maybe picking one of the same design for my iPhone 8 Plus

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

They doing jb hi-fi vouchers now?? Didn't know that. I used to use it all the time and great to get a few itunes vouchers out of for nephews.....didn't know they did jb hi-fi now.

9. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Only on Android though, not on the iOS

MR CHILLED likes this.
  10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ohhh right ok, that would explain why I haven't seen it yet. Only use Quick Thoughts on the ipad.