Quiet ARGB fans

Discussion in 'Modding' started by th3_hawk, Feb 2, 2021.

1. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

My Cooler Master AIO has two 120mm fans on it and at least one of them has developed an annoying vibration at about 1,200rpm (which is where it spends a lot of its time). Maybe because they are top mounted and hand on the bearings?

https://www.coolermaster.com/au/en-au/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml240r-rgb/

Anyway, I’m on the hunt for some quiet fans with decent flow rate over 67cfm to replace the OEM ones. ARGB would be ideal if they exist... any recommendations?

2. OP
    OP
    th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Sooo... I went with two Noctua fans:
    https://noctua.at/en/nf-a12x25-pwm

Damn, now I want more of these... For the radiator I can justify to myself the quietness and static pressure (mostly the quietness) but for case fans they are daaaamn expensive but soooo deliciously quiet.

3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Welcome to the Noctua rabbit hole. Won't be long before you want to replace every fan with 2000 RPM industrials with special colour trim rubber accents. :leet:

Wozzernux and th3_hawk like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Yeah, it's been a while between drinks after mostly moving away from the PCMR for about a decade until August 2020, sure I built the occasional PC for people over the years, but I was on a laptop for myself.

Since August the initial build changed a little, moar better fans, custom 3D printed side panel (also for more cooling), AIO cooler... CPU and GPU upgrade :p Yeah, starting to remember how much my wallet loved this game ;)
    (Mind you my son's PC got all the (3 month) "old" parts as upgrades to his machine so he's enjoying my madness.

I've never had a watercooled rig and have always been on air. This AIO is excellent at what it does and I'm not overclocking, I'm actually undervolting the GPU because apparently RTX 3070's just about need that to maintain decent temps... but the call of the modding/tinkering is strong.

macktheknife likes this.
  5. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I am using 3 x 120mm top mounted Thermaltake "Riing" fans. 54 LEDs and 16.8 million color combinations. Speed and RGB can be fully controlled between 500 to 1,200 rpm If you want you can keep them running almost silent. However, max airflow is only around 50 CFM.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  6. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

Ahhh could've gone with NB eLoop X, on par with A12x25 performance through low-medium FPI but has the tasty ARGB.