R/C car ? Serpent Xray ? is it worth it

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Widowmaker, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Widowmaker

Widowmaker Member

im gonna get a radio control car pretty soon to race , ive looked around and the serpent Xray looks the best, Does anyone have one or played with one ?

Tell me what you think ive got about a week to think about it

www.teamxray.com

2. Splog

Splog Member

but u can't jump over bricks with that =)

get an E-maxx =)

Splog

3. OP
    OP
    Widowmaker

Widowmaker Member

Lol i want it for on road racing =)

4. tculp

tculp Member

It's been about 4 years but I used to race R/C cars on a semi-pro level when we lived California. I raced mainly off-road and dirt oval. However the gang I ran with all had on-road cars and eventually convinced me to get one.

Most of the guys who did well were running RC-10L's that were highly modified.

Most anything out of the box needs to modified to make it competition ready.

Hope this helps.....

5. QWERTY

QWERTY Member

yo, i race on and off road electric rc, at a competitve level. No one really races the x ray cos parts are too hard to find easily. Get a losi XXXS, team associated TC3 (i got one of these) or a HPI pro 3

6. Kow

Kow Member

We have about 5 people we know that have RC CARZ
    and they are all sweet .. depending what ya wanna do (go rally on dirt or Road car)

depending on cash

If you wanna go road car you cant go wrong with the Kyosho, 2 speed gas car. with a top speed of 95 kmh (frikken hard to control in the front yard on the road hehe) about $495

Or a Rally Car.. umm there is a Kyosho 4wd car but im not sure what its like . we got a WRX Taymia car. top speed 65kmh ... $399

they aint a cheap toy you are contantly buying tires ... $35 a pair ... after about 5 good races they are buggered! .. im on slicks atm :)

Anyways ill shut up
    :D