1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P Thread

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Break the Cycle, Aug 15, 2006.

1. son of eevil

son of eevil Member

Sorry to hear it mate, best wishes to you and your family.

2. Sir Ghallahad

Sir Ghallahad Member

Lost our cat TC today :( Lived to 19!

[​IMG]

3. Timbojones0123

Timbojones0123 (Banned or Deleted)

Lost our beautiful little Charlie boy. He was a cavalier king Charles. Extremely cute dog. He was probably one of if not my best friend. I am only 15 and he died today at the age of 12 and half. So there is not one point in my life that I don't remember having him. He was a great character very nice and humble never bit anyone in his entire life. Sadly though cavs have a genetic heart problem.

We had him on tablets for about 4 years but progressively it got worse. All of a sudden he was struck with pancriessites (excuxe spelling) and we took him to the vet his kidneys had shutdown. So he was in critical care. So the vet managed to get them working again. Whih gave us some hope. But he was still really ill. So we took him to a specalist today and he said that his heart was really bad. So we talked as a family (immense crying) and we decided to put him down. But just as we finishes the conversation he went into a cardiac arrest. So we let him go and patted and cryed him off to sleep.

There has not ever been anything as sad as this happen in my life. I have been crying flat out the whole night. We berried him tonight. But I am a huge animal lover and I dont know how I'm going to survive with my best mate gone. But its a little comfort to see I'm not the only one. R.I.P Charlie boy.

4. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

i feel your pain. been there done that.

5. HumbleBum

HumbleBum Member

Been there done that brother. Chin up. :(

6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Just know that you were his unconditional best friend in life, and that he had a good run.

Sorrow of this sort has a very slow recovery process. I lost my best friend 9 months ago and am still yet to get over it.

You'll be fine. You gave him the best life he could've asked for.

7. M0r4h3us

M0r4h3us Member

Hi, lost one of my best friends today.

Rayden, RIP.

approx June/July 2003 --> 09-04-2012.

He had Bone cancer.
    He wasn't in a good way.
    He was suffering alot of pain, he had a bad front and rear leg, the bone had seized the joints.
    He had a seizure the morning before we took him to the vet.
    I love him very much and will miss him allways.
    We are getting him cremated and I will take a photo of the box, etc we get done for him and post it up too.

Rip "Big Boy" (nickname)

We had to make the decision to put him to sleep.

On a side note, I named him after Raiden in Mortal Kombat.

PIC:

Click to view full size!

Cheers Alan.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. hollysmum

hollysmum Member

Sascha

Our beautiful girl Sascha has gone across the bridge this week, she unfortunately escaped our cat run and was found deceased behind a neighbours carport.

Click to view full size!

Miss you lots babygirl, so sorry you didnt get to stay longer with us

9. Kitler

Kitler Member

I'll miss you mate. I'm not showing it, but it hurts. I know it's for the best and I'm hoping it's just a long sleep for you. Your cage is empty now and I see it every time I walk past it.
    I was only a week away from finishing your new cage as well. :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. son of eevil

son of eevil Member

Isn't that just the worst part... going past the empty cage/tank or that spot they used to lay in and not seeing them there...

11. Kitler

Kitler Member

Yeah now I have to clean it out. I'll do it tomorrow, don't have the heart for it today. I've got the lights off at the moment.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  12. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

My poor German shorthair pointer Elle left us today. Average age I beleive is around 8 or so years and she got to 14. My sister was in the process of moving interstate 5 or so years ago, and Elle was her dog. My sister was going to have her put to sleep then so we took her in. Great temprement. She came with a heart mummer but we kept her.

In the last 6 months her arthritis got quite bad and her bowel actions became harder for her to control. She would sleep inside and all of a sudden just void herself without knowing it. She was horrified when she found out about it. Couple this with her teeth all falling out and the time came. Eating was hard for her and the vet advised against squishy food all the time as this would make it very bad for her mouth.

This morning she found it hard to stand let alone walk. She had voided again. She knew it was time. We took her to the vet and we held her as she received her transfer to the next level of existance - hugged her until she was gone.

I personally have picked up human corpses and body parts in my job. It affects me a lot. Having to hold my dog as she dies is so much harder. I thought I was a big tough man, hardened to life and its actions, but again when I got home with Elle, I burst into tears. Not for long but damn it hurts.

We buried Elle with Daisy and Ralph, we got Daisy and Ralphy when we were newly wed and when my daughter was 5 (shes turning 18). They are all in the garden near each other.

Fuck I miss them all. I am so hurting.

RIP my Elle girl......love you.

Just adding a photo of Elle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  13. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Sorry to hear dude :( 14's a damn good run though, she was lucky to have such a caring home.

Lost my doggy last september... moved houses since then and it still sucks :(

14. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Amazing that we as people take the animals so for granted, yeah sure feed them, wash them and the like. Then its almost like boom, they are old and sick and we have to be responsible.

Hurts. Sucks that animals live so short a time when they are our pets.

15. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

After 11 months of separation, my brother's dog 'Honey' has now joined her fraternal sister 'Sally'.

[​IMG]

Earlier this year, she had her rear-right leg amputated due to a tumour, and also because her knee was 'gone' (no longer usable). The tumour apparently returned and arthritis kicked in. She was also not coping with the cold so she was likely not survive winter anyway.

Jan 1997 - 13 June 2012

Though I was heavily upset over the loss of Sally, I grew to accept that Honey would just be 'a matter of time (when)'. My brother is the same deal but he'd feel this more. We've also come to have the same effect of me not being there for Sally when she died, and now my brother wasn't around for Honey to go (he lives interstate at the moment). She could've somewhat lived a 'few more days' but the vet pretty much said she was on the brink, so my parents decided to put her down late this morning.

Another part of our childhood has come to an end.

16. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

this is the most sad part of losing a pet. specially when you have them when you are growing up. we have had a few dogs that died over the years that we have had since a pup. sad when they die however i guess its a fact of lie. they will grow old and die.

even so. it is still tough since they have been a big part of your life.

17. JleeLink

JleeLink Member

My cat fong fong passed away today. Owned her for about 12 years which was all throughout my teenage years. She was about 15-16 years old, so maybe getting a bit old played a factor.

It was all really sudden. 3 days ago she was fine and very energetic and then 2 days ago she stopped eating and yesterday she couldnt stand up. Then this morning she was freezing and could hardly open her eyes or move.

She was definitely the best cat in the world to me and was incredibly friendly. She would never scratch or attack a human in any circumstance and would always follow others around and sit with them when nearby.

Always greeting us everyday and would always sit obediently when told and loved the company of others and being pet. Always there for me whenever I looked or needed her and would always be friendly no matter what.

Definitely miss her right now...

[​IMG]

18. son of eevil

son of eevil Member

Sorry to hear it she sounds like she was the perfect companion.

19. HumbleBum

HumbleBum Member

Its a year today since Cadel passed away.

Still pains me everyday. Miss my little man. :(

20. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Looked like a great companion. RIP Cadel. :(