R.I.P Thread

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Break the Cycle, Aug 15, 2006.

1. shredder

shredder Member

Real sorry to hear, hollysmum. Hard times ay, I know them well. Hope you're coming to terms with it ok. All the best.

hollysmum likes this.
  2. Sledge

Sledge Member

Sorry for your loss hollysmum

hollysmum likes this.
  3. callan

callan Member

To lose the soul of the house is a dreadful thing. My heart goes out to you..

Callan

hollysmum likes this.
  4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

When I had a cat years and years ago that got bitten by a snake I had literally sit a couple of hours with her until I could get her to a vet. She was totally paralysed from the venom so couldn't move, but picked her up and patted her until time to get to the vet....she purred the whole time....hopefully not in too much pain. Popped her in at the vet and got the dreaded call an hour later, can't be saved, last time I saw her :(

I feel your pain.

5. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Two days ago my Wife and I said our goodbyes to Zeb. He was diagnosed with an aggressive Lymphoma. It was 12 days from when we noticed a large lump/swelling on the back of his back leg until we had to make this decision. He was just shy of 7 years old and will be dearly missed.

Please indulge me with a little photo montage.

We got him literally a week after moving into our first house when he was 3 months old.

[​IMG]

2012-03-28 20.44.14.jpg

Equal parts household terrorist, and the most affectionate cat I've ever known.

20120814_082953.jpg

20130720_101637 (2).jpg

He was a big boy at nearly 7kg. Extremely big boned, strong and athletic.

[​IMG]

He was never going to be a show cat and was the last of his litter left at the breeder. He had some of his dad's brown markings despite being a silver marble. We thought it just made him more special.

[​IMG]

He wouldn't admit it, but he really did love his (non blood related) brother Jumar.

[​IMG]

Loved chillaxing on his deck enclosure. He moved house with us 3 times including a move from Brisbane to Hobart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had a beautiful sunny day for his last day, and still had the energy to climb up to one of his favourite spots on the deck and watch the birds. Farewell Zeb.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    callan, Tinian and Sledge like this.
  6. hollysmum

hollysmum Member

So sorry for you loss Eclipsor. what a beautiful boy Zeb was and clearly very loved by you.

I lost my Syd to lymphona only a couple of months ago, I only had a couple of weeks to come to terms with it also, just not long enough..... :upset:

Eclipsor likes this.
  7. Sledge

Sledge Member

Stunning cat... Sorry for your loss Eclipsor..

8. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

What a beautiful cat. Sorry to hear.

9. broccoli

broccoli Member

oh I'm so sorry about zeb. I was hoping it wasn't going to end up being something like that. :( He was just gorgeous, way too young to lose.

10. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Thanks so much hollysmum. Likewise, so sorry for your loss.

Thanks very much everyone. And for the helpful posts in the lead-up as well.

11. shredder

shredder Member

Oh crap, so sorry to read that, I'm literally shedding tears for you now. I've been through that situation before, a few years ago, and it was the worst time in my life - probably only to be beaten the next time I have to go through it, which touch wood won't be for quite a few more years yet. Hope you and the wife are holding up ok, dunno if I have any worthwhile advice to offer at such a time, other than keep looking forward and better times will come around again.

Eclipsor likes this.
  12. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Thankyou so much. Certainly makes me feel a little less silly for being so upset.

The vet managed to fit in a home visit (over an hour round trip from the clinic) on the same day that we decided to go ahead with it. Part of our decision making process was that Zeb hated trips to the vet sooo much, so weekly or so visits for the chemo would have been a nightmare for him. So it was very good that he didn't have to make that last trip.

13. broccoli

broccoli Member

With no guarantee it would even work. You made the right decision. Poor baby :(

Eclipsor likes this.
  14. callan

callan Member

We did the same with our poor flipper 2 years ago, and it was very much the right thing.
    Very, very sorry for you: Winter and I have both been there.. Zeb had a brilliant fire in his eyes, and I'd wager in his soul as well..

Callan

Eclipsor likes this.
  15. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Lovely words. Thankyou.

16. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Lost this poor bugger on Friday night - he had a stroke on Tuesday night and went blind in one eye. Vet said his vitals were actually really good so to wait and see how he goes, by Thursday he had picked up alot (it was his 8th birthday on Thursday :) ) so gave him a big 1Kg rump on Thursday night and on Friday night he deteriorated very quickly, was blind in both eyes and couldn't steady himself, passed away at about 1am with the family around him - such a good dog, will be sorely missed

Click to view full size!

17. Tinian

Tinian Member

Sorry to hear that. Good looking dog.

the_fuzz likes this.
  18. broccoli

broccoli Member

so sorry for your loss, the fuzz

the_fuzz likes this.
  19. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Sorry to hear the fuzz. Looking very majestic in that shot.

20. Ohmigosh

Ohmigosh Member

Sad to hear your news, the fuzz.