Radiator Flow and temp sensors

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Sven76, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Sven76

Sven76 Member

Ok so i have this radiator

Click to view full size!

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_297_1484&products_id=23505

Click to view full size!

I have used the 2 top facing ports and have plugs in the 2 end ports i want to replace the end plugs with sensors. So am I right in assuming that there are 2 tanks in there and if I put a sensor on the end at the inlet side where the cpu pushes the water in and put a sensor on the outside where the radiator sends the water to the rez I will get incoming water temp and outgoing water temp?

Do you like my paint skillz?

2. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

As I understand it, and totally a noob myself when it comes to WC, the temp should be approximately the same no matter where you measure it in the loop. That would make a second temp sensor pointless.

3. OP
    OP
    Sven76

Sven76 Member

What you are looking for is the term "Normalisation" and this is correct I am only putting 2 in as I am putting bling on the front of the case I have 1 sensor in Red for the incoming water to the RAD and one sensor in Blue for the outgoing water and I fully expect maybe a 1 to 2 degree variation. The loop itself still cools the water in the radiator so there will be a small difference just negligible in the grand scheme of things. Just trying to get the flow in my mind as i have other options for mounting if i need to. These ones will just be unseen completely.

4. Jakusonfire

Jakusonfire Member

Yes, it works fine. I have done the same thing with an XT45

At idle I see about a 0.2C diff and about 0.7 at full load.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013