Rads placement

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by lolek74, Aug 28, 2020.

1. lolek74

lolek74 Member

Hi all

Trying to have a go at WC GPU and CPU.
    I'll be using EK 2x360 40mm rads, 3x 120mm fans on each with D5 pump/res combo. It will go into Lian Li Pc-011 Air case.
    Loop Pump-GPU-Rad-CPU-Rad-Pump
    Now I'm thinking about rad placement. I don't want to have a situation where one rad feeds warm air to another one.
    I was thinking to have side and top mounted rads as an exhaust and 3x120mm front and 2x120mm bottom fans as an intake.
    I love the idea of front intake rad but it will bring worm air into the case.
    I hope someone could share some info.
    I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive... It will be great to have a better idea before start cutting tubes.

2. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Front intake, rear/top exhaust is traditional for rad placement and the way I have gone. I have no issues with heat being drawn across the components even in the peak of summer. I'm pump > GPU > CPU > 360 Rad > 280 Rad > Res though. I'd like to see a drawing of your layout, I feel GPU to rad to CPU is likely adding unnecessary tubing anyway

3. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

Res before pump, after that loop order makes no difference.

M1ck1 and juzz86 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    lolek74

lolek74 Member

Figured it out.
    Will have 3 intake fans in front to blow air over rads and motherboard. Rads will exhaust to the top and to the bottom with fans in pull config (or push still deciding).
    For min tubing: pump/res- bottom rad - GPU - top rad - CPU - pump/res.
    That will do the trick.
    Any feedback welcome.

juzz86 and zero_velocity like this.