1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Foliage

Foliage Member

The match making delays were a little high (1-2 minutes) but the game was great to play. I found most people were great at the tactics and made for some very rewarding teamplay.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. nope

nope Member

anyone play ranked? I havent been able to get in a game

3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Tried once when MM was crap, found no matches. I haven't tried since then though, especially recently when MM appears to have improved.

I am normally 100% pro for server browsers, but for something like this game I actually think it works. Ubishit obviously haven't implemented a proper solution at first, but it's improved. Last thing I want, for a game of this nature, is have 10 or so populated servers that I can never get in because people never leave. And it'd be boring just playing the same group all the time. With MM you get put in the first closest and near-full server and when you stay you get rotated with different people each round which is actually good every round. It'd be boring just pwning the same team over and over again, same goes for the opposite, nobody wants to get pwned repeatedly all night. MM guarantees you battling it out with different people each time.

There might have only been one night, in all the nights I've played this game, where we MM would match us with the same team a few times in a row. Indicative of the low population at the time but things have improved and playerbase has increased, so at the moment each round is guaranteed a different team. :thumbup:

4. nope

nope Member

i dont know about you but it runs aweful on my system last couple of updates murdered my fps outside to 35-55 on boarder and favelas and 65+ if i put shaders to medium

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Won a copy of this game, good to see they kept the weird mouse input funk from the Vegas games when porting this to PC.. looks like it can be fixed from the ini file, will have to do that.

7. danyell

danyell Member

Is this a game you can come into cold and not get reamed hard by more skilled and experienced players, forever more?

8. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Not really. Regular pub games are a mixed bag, sometimes there can be stomps but normally it seems pretty fine.

9. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I think you'll pick it up pretty quick. You'll get spanked early on, sure. But just play a bit of casual and do some terrorist hunt until you get the shooting mechanics down and you'll do fine.

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I am pretty good @ shooters and I played maybe 6-10 rounds and still get owned. Needs alot of tactics not a good aim.

11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It takes time to adjust but if you've played something like CS all your life then it'll take longer. You gotta use comms, be strategic with placing gear as well as being patient is usually what it takes. Like if you're defending and you're at a choke point where the objective is, be patient and don't like your head out, let them come....

12. Foliage

Foliage Member

Yeah if you are used to rushing you will struggle. Slow and methodical wins this game

13. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

This is a game where you will die from a guy looking through a peep hole he made which is barely larger than a bullet hole on a wall behind a shelf on the opposite side of the room.

GLHF :lol:

14. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

will play if there's others playing...even if it's a small group :D

15. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Im keen to play with a group if anyone else is.

I avoided playing for most of the free weekend an did all my ranked calibration games tonight. I got Gold 2 at 2741. Keen to get a bit more into the competitive side of things.

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

downloading it hoping to give it a try...only at level 2.

17. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Still loving siege. I'm quite terrible at it though. It's not often that I can be playing a multiplayer game a year after launch and honestly feel that its a much better game now than it once was. So often the community has become toxic, or died completely, or the balance has been pathetic.

Same goes for Pro Siege. I thought it was dull as dogshit when it first started up. Almost the same attacking and defending operators every round. Now with so many operators there's actually some variety round to round.

New operators are excellent. Good fun to play. the Vector is a good laugh, that thing can unleash some bullets.I haven't really worked out the best placement of the black mirrors on all maps, but to be honest if you just throw them anywhere on a reinforced wall they're still useful for giving information.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i don't mind giving it a bash.

19. Tazor

Tazor Member

Anyone playing this regularly? I'm wanting to have some people to start playing ranked with but I don't think many of my friends are invested enough to join me. My Uplay tag is TazorTheJackal

20. Foliage

Foliage Member

I play on and off. Usually at weird times though