Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. fcyde

fcyde Member

what rank were u before?

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

In the Asia region that Australia is part of I ranked as high as gold 3.

3. Tazor

Tazor Member

Fucking ranked man... I keep getting within 1 game of Plat 3, then losing and having to fight my way back... If I win the next 1-2 games I'll be Plat, but I keep getting dud teams. Had some sick games yesterday though, clutched out and won a match with a 1v5 Hibana Ace which was nice cos it's my first attacking ace in forever, so is good to know I still have it in me on attack haha acing on Defense is so much freaking easier.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

R6DB.com is getting shut down :(

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I am finding that maps will determine how I play. I’m slowly becoming confident with certain maps.Cutched one map as defence for example, would roam on attack, and carrying entire team with 1 death. Next map, not so comfortable, 0 kills. I think I just need to step out and try different gameplays, I’ve noticed a pattern where I won’t step out of my comfort zone.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

Everyone has their good and bad maps. I'm abysmal on House for example, and I struggle on Consulate. But Theme park or Kafe? Different story. It's also how well a map works for a certain play style or operator. I play a lot of Blackbeard, so Kafe is great because I can man skylight.
    I think one things that helps is looking at the maps on r6maps.com and looking at how they work vertically and lines of site you can create. Then jump in a custom game and see how they work in practice.
    This game is 50% player skill, 50% map knowledge and knowing your way around a map, the angles you can use and particularily the angles that will be used against you will give you a big advantage. Personally I find pro-league to be a big help with building map knowledge and now I play quite similarly to pro meta. Like if no one is holding the floor above or below on certain objectives, I'll take Lesion and lock that shit down (e.g Workshop/Ventilation and Archives/Armory on Border where I had 4 successful Lesion defenses in 1 game with 2-3 kills per round and no deaths on defense). It's such a good feeling when you discover the play-style or methods that lead to wins for you but I can relate and have lost so many rounds by trying something different but not confidently or sitting in a stupid spot cos I don't know what I'm doing xD

Fucking 12 MMR off Plat III Right now lol, so annoying!

7. Tazor

Tazor Member

I DID IT! Finally got to Platinum in ranked :D Earned it too with an amazing comeback from down 3-1 to a 3-5 win. Won the game with a 1v4 Thatcher clutch which was just the cherry on top after an abysmal start (No kills til round 4).
    Pretty chuffed.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Nice one!

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Well done man. I love those comeback matches. I had a good night of matches last night with randoms, which is unheard of for me. 3 matches won out of 6, one of which is a comeback from 1-3 also. Such a good feeling. Slowly gaining confince and trying new things.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

FREE WEEKEND!!!

EDIT: :D

[​IMG]

1 as Mira
    3 as Vigil
    4 as Fuze

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  11. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah man they're so good! I love finding something new, like Shotgun Ying, surprisingly one of the most fun things ever xD

Nice dude, yeah it's also going to be 50% off, so I'm going to pick up a second copy for my second account to fuck around on.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

EDIT: Anyone gonna be watching the stream to get the twitch drops?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  13. Tazor

Tazor Member

twitch drops? I'll be watching from the FNATIC vs Liquid game onwards, yeah. I'll be watching WHILE I play lol

14. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

In game charms you get for watching. you do have to link your twitch account to your uplay account for it to work though. I did have have the charms from the invitationals.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  15. MCFLY5

MCFLY5 Member

Argh.... Worse time for regular players. All the idiots, smurfs and team killers start playing the game. Hate free weekends.

I'm level 190 or something (about 1000+ hours), currently Gold 2. Didn't play rank much this season. Previously Gold 2, Plat 3, Silver, Plat something etc.

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I never said I was excited for it.

17. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah I'll be smurfing with some mates who are gonna try it, but that's more so they don't get matched against other Plats, not so I can be toxic and destroy everyone. In fact I'll prolly just meme lol

18. fcyde

fcyde Member

what time does pro league start for aussies?

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the start time is 10:45am US eastern. so for you it's sunday at 12:15am :D

tried ranked again and man I lost so much I deranked back to bronze :(

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

looks like the Aussies are playing in their quarter final :D