Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Played a bit on the TTS and on the live server and Villa is the most confusing map I have played on. I haven't gotten to playing on the updated clubhouse map yet.

2. fcyde

fcyde Member

yea cant say im liking villa very much. New clubhouse is good though

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I was looking forward to club house 2.0 over villa.

4. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I had waited twice over 5 minutes last night in ranked match making knowing that there were plenty of players online. Matchmaking is somewhat broken, not sure if it’s just me.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

haven't touched ranked mode yet.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

Had no issues 5 stacking ranked, took maybe 10 seconds to find a game? So far I have won 3 lost 3... all three losses were dumb though and easily avoidable.
    I got to like 2900 MMR before dropping back to like 2600 :(

7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Yeah I was in a 3-5 stack last night no issues. Try it solo MM ranked though.

8. Kykachi

Kykachi Member

Hey y'all, just grabbed this - any hints/tips/tricks etc for a newbie (aside from the Dark Souls esque 'git gud') :D

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Not a pro, but here’s what I recommend:

• play all the situations and try and get 3 star in all of them, it’s a good way to earn renown which is the currency you use to unlock operators and weapon attachments
    • as above, it’s a great way to also start learning some of the maps, and getting used to the gameplay mechanics - map knowledge is a massive advantage
    • unlock operators first, then weapon attachments, don’t spend it on skins which are overpriced
    • practice via terrorist hunt with friends is also a great way to improve
    • understand that both casual and ranked multiplayer is extremely toxic, moreso for casual, be sure to report and don’t take those fatkent keyboard warriors personally
    • when playing multiplayer be sure to friend those decent non-abusive and skillful players, they are a great source of learning

There are beginners guides on the web and YT. They can teach you a few tricks, but never personally watched them, I just learnt from practice and observing other players (team mates and enemies alike). Try new strategies. If you find you’re always getting killed the same way, be aware and change it up. Roam a little, or anchor more and be patient holding different angles. It’s a great game. I feel you always have to adjust relatively quickly to counter enemy strategies, ie. correct op selection, and game style (aggressive vs patient). But to me it’s the type of game where I could play 10+ - 0 one match, clutching and acing, then the next game I could be completely the opposite. It keeps the game interesting.

Most importantly though, have fun :)

I’m MaxximusD in uPlay if you want to add me and practice casual when you’re ready :thumbup:

Kykachi likes this.
  10. Tazor

Tazor Member

The 2 most important things in Siege, especially at Plat and Diamond level, are aim and knowledge, primarily map knowledge.
    Both of these are easy enough to get at first via Terrorist Hunt, but both will take a LONG time to solidly master unless you are some 2000 IQ CS:GO master.
    Playing Terrorist Hunt on Normal to learn the maps and improve your aim is good and I always warm up with it.

But for someone brand new, it's always best to find some other people to play with and just learn the maps. Skill comes in time, the most important thing in Siege is have fun at the start when the learning curve is the steepest.
    You'll pick up things like angles and leaning over time.

I think the most important tip I can give, and the tip that got me the furthest, is at the start always watch and understand HOW you died. Because you will. A lot. And that's okay.
    If you find you are dying because of the same thing over and over, change up you tactics, like Chino said above. You will die a lot at first, which gives you time to observe other players, but also remember the game doesn't stop because you are dead.
    You can still make the difference in a game even if you have no kills by providing information and call outs.

There are a massive number of facets to Siege and I think everyone can find something they enjoy. Even if you're not a massive fragger, providing support or disruption, or being a literal human shield to distract the enemy or just providing intel to your team mates, the best moments in Siege come from the team plays that lead to exhilarating and heart pounding wins, which I think is something that this game does better than any other game I've played and probably why I love it so much.

Welcome to the family, add my on UPlay, I am LilSamonWetEyes and LilSalmon_ (I have 2 accounts)

11. Tazor

Tazor Member

Man I had the worst placements this season :(
    I played well enough, but getting matched utter garbage teams, lost 7 games in a row and placed Bronze 1.. Bit of a departure from Plat 3, but at least I can destroy low rank people while I work my way back...

12. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I've been sitting on copper and bronze, haven't hit silver yet, since the PB patch. I'll play great matches and be VIP for the team quite significantly in random match making, sometimes we win sometimes we lose. Then I'll group up with golds and plats who play and communicate well, and we verse other stacked players and I just play absolute shit. It's a mental thing I find with this game. Play confidently and win. Play too cautiously, and you hesitate and freeze.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I placed bronze 1 this season and I think it's only going to get tougher.

14. Tazor

Tazor Member

There is that mentality that when you KNOW you're playing a Plat 1/Diamond that you sort of turtle into your shell and don't play as confidently.
    I have that too, and it's stupid because I'm at a similar level.

I played a match against 3 of the 5 members of fnatic a couple weeks ago with my mates.
    We lost, but we went 3-2 and I got some decent kills because we decided to not care and play for fun (assuming they would stomp us) but the confidence of that combined by the fact they probably weren't trying very hard meant we gave em a good run for their money xD
    Destroyed Acez like 3 rounds in a row, 2 of them with t-shirt cannon Lesion and he was BB :lol:

Chino what time do you tend to play? Cos I rarely see you on but we should play a few some time!

15. riccoo

riccoo Member

dudes add me on uplay twtchoncefamous I play nearly every night I have a group as well and we do customs

16. riccoo

riccoo Member

also forgot to say if anyone is keen on getting the game I am giving a copy away as my weekly giveaway on my discord :) https://discord.gg/gaPzggG

17. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I don't know who these guys are, which is a good thing for me. But that's it man, there will be a point in the night, that I will be like yeap don't even try, just have fun and experiment. Be SILLY! but don't TK, just roam and be in random positions, position's I'd never think of holding. Nekminnit I'm at the top of the score board.

Hell yeah for sure. My uplay is MaxximsD. Usually, on a good day, early for me is 10PM and can only fit in no more than 2hrs. Depending on my work shift also, and if I'm oncall. A lot of the times I've been naughty and have been up until 2AM.

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Bought the thatcher elite skin cos i can LUL