Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

2. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

Anyone had any issues creating a Uplay account? I received a beta key a month or so ago. But I can't create a Uplay account. It keeps saying action failed..?

3. breno

breno Member

4. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

any1 playing beta? how do we get it? I was approved when I signed up.

5. n2o

n2o Member

consoles first ?

6. xHardz

xHardz Member

Beta should launch thurday.

Appears I was selected for stress testing should be able to have a play on monday. Stress test is all under NDA and shiz which is a little silly since the beta is 4 days later.

7. mr_s

mr_s Member

Man, I am soooo wet for this game.

Still play Vagas 2 to this day

8. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I'm in that stress testing too, both on PS4 and PC. Server's aren't up yet unfortunately. Hopefully later tonight.

9. xHardz

xHardz Member

Anything up yet? Haven't loaded it yet hoping to get a chance in an hour or so

10. 000orx

000orx Member

Friggin matchmaking on PC is doing my head in. Sitting there waiting for a game and I have no idea if no one is playing, servers are full or it's just not working.

Actual game runs fine, looks fine, movement is fine. Not too bad so far.

11. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I've had a few games. Each "Game" consists of at least 4 rounds (so minimum is 4-0); and like tennis, the winning team has to win by 2. So it keeps going until one team wins by 2. I was at a 12-10 today. Was awesome fun.

But really enjoying it - it's fun, each round is different and handling and physics are superb. Will be good to have the full "closed" beta open to everyone and get some solid games happening. P2P is working well too.

12. Domokun

Domokun Member

Not anymore, there is a tie-breaker and you only have to win by a single round. Anyway, the game is a piece of shit, it's a disgrace to the formally respectable series (i.e. Raven Shield and prior). The minimum waiting time to find a game (approximately five minutes) and the shield being completely unbalanced and overpowered is enough to ruin the game (I won't even get to the countless other bugs since I'm sure the "it's a beta!" chorus will be sung).

13. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

The shotgun is also prevails because most of the battles are fought indoors. I don't think this game has much staying power. The more casual audience will quickly get bored of the 1 life mechanic and move on.

14. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

how do u download it? not showing in uplay (i got accepted for beta)

15. Nightwolf1982

Nightwolf1982 Member

Check your emails they started rolling them out today, it will have an activation code on it, then go to Uplay click activate game enter code download

16. remlableinad

remlableinad Member

I got my code today, website says you can redeem in steam but thats a load of BS, uplay...lose

17. Nightwolf1982

Nightwolf1982 Member

Anyone playing tonight

18. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

still no code, whens the beta end?

19. Tazor

Tazor Member

People's thoughts on BETA?

I've been playing a bit this weekend but due to my terrible internet (never saw a connection below 200 ping) and the appalling matchmaking I've come away with mixed feelings.

The good: I like the general atmosphere. The fact that nowhere is ever really safe for you or your enemy and you can hear footsteps above and below and in the next room really just adds to a great feeling of suspense and to a point, realism. I like the classes. At least for Terrorist Hunt. They really help give players personality and offer different strategies on how to tackle a map. For example I really like Fuze with his cluster charge gadget. Pop it on a window before storming a room and you can clear most of the hostiles before you've even breached. The destruction is really stunning. Once you're used to the way things work you can become quite tactical with your destruction. I like Sledge for this, Find soft wall and creating a port hole for shooting and moving without creating too much noise or using any ammo at all. It can be pretty mesmerizing watching the whole place just fall apart around you. I like that it's still bloody hard and tactical. With cover replaced with a leaning system and rappelling now somewhat dynamic in that you can move freely around the surface of a building instead of static anchor points is a really nice touch. As is going upside down and clearing a room. The game is very impressively first person, not pulling you out for actions like Vegas and showing your whole torso and legs which I've always liked.

The not so good: I think customization has taken a step backwards. It's still there and you still have multiple options for scopes and barrel extensions. But with this much variety in gameplay and destruction some more extensive modifications would be cool. Incendiary or explosive rounds. Slugs. Mix up the load outs since each character only gets 3 MAX weapon choices. Which is another gripe. I like the character class system. And I understand factions using weapons those factions would use. But I think they should all have access to all that faction's weapons. You get the Recruit class (sort of like a fallback I suppose) who can choose from any of the weapons from any of the factions and basically build your own faction character. Except it's missing some of the key elements. You don't get any gadgets, hopefully they implement the ability to unlock gadgets for the recruit, and for the recruit to level up into other ranks. You also don't get a choice of armor which is a huge departure from the awesome Vegas 2 armor/camo customizer. If you could build your own recruit with which ever armor and gadget types you like, granted you're at the right rank or have enough currency, then I think it would save a lot of the shortcomings of the game. But may create other issues. Namely characters becoming redundant... At least armor choices would be nice though.

The bad: I mean straight off. The whole matchmaking system, as with every matchmaking system, is terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. You barely find a game, when you do, it glitches and never loads. Granted you do get in a game it's high ping and then you disconnect before the game's over. Why there's never server browsers for anything anymore is beyond me. But it really would change the game completely. It would take it from a game with potential to a properly good game. And then there's the leveling system. It's completely void of any goals. The only thing you play for is an in game currency that already eludes to the terrible possibility this game will be formed on micro transactions.

My final thoughts: With a little more variety in character selection and progression, Less focus on micro transactions and instead a focus on skill leveling (think Vegas 2) and proper server browser instead of the god awful and completely broken matchmaking, Rainbow Six: Siege has the potential to be a solid tactical shooter.

We're yet to see what changes the final game will bring, what there is in the way of a single player campaign (Do we still get squad commands and control?) and how much content there is on release. But right now it's on a sensitive scale, it's tilting in the direction of titan fall, and I really hope Ubisoft pull it back in the other direction.

I know I've left a lot of stuff out, but I'm tired and wrote down what I could off the top of my head. What are everyone else's thoughts and impressions?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  20. Nightwolf1982

Nightwolf1982 Member

I think it's shaping up to be a rather good game, although in saying that I could also see it getting a bit stale if Ubisoft doesn't add some extra content or, the XP system doesn't really make much sense to me as its more the renown points you want, however I did read that XP points will be used more in the final game. I have been mainly playing terrorist hunt as the multiplayer section of the beta seems to fritz quite a lot & have only been able to get into 1 match. I do like the different classes of operators but do think they need a little bit more gear but that's just me I like loading up with just about everything I can get, currently for every game 1 I do get to play I get booted about 3 times through various issues, other than that I've enjoyed it but hope they can continue building on it