Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

2. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

Also ni9ht_5ta1k3r....according to your pics, you get an extra 100 points for 100% scale so I’d go for that

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

The game uses a form of checkerboard rendering to make it indistinguishable. So it's not worth the processing power to have the render scale set to 100% when 50% is adequate.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

6. Kesir

Kesir Member

Getting back into this game in the last 6 months, really enjoying it again and got year 3 last year and now year 4 for this year :)

If anyone needs an extra person hit me up

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

There's a leak about Australian operators so....

I'm also attending the Six Invitationals in Montreal in February.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    tunksy and Kesir like this.
  8. Tazor

Tazor Member

People been following the invitational? Fnatic has killed it! Virtue dropped 80 kills to 43 deaths in 2 matches giving him the highest lethality rating of anyone at the comp, better than Kanto or Bosco. I think Nesk and Palluh may have gotten more frags, but that was over 3 games that went to 3 games each and were dying more.

I think we've got a good chance of making it to finals, and some of the strats I saw from Fnatic were ones I'd never seen before

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm gonna be there for the whole weekend.

ChinoPD likes this.
  10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    ChinoPD likes this.
  11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

They also had a demo booth available to let attendees try out the new map and operators.

12. Tazor

Tazor Member

They haven't done the full reveal yet, did you get a chance to have a play?

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Oh yes, but the new ops got grabbed before I could get to pick. It was only a short demo with first to 2 rounds wins.

The sites that were played was OK but then 2 rounds isn't enough to explore the map completely. It has a bit of villa mixed with clubhouse.

Gridlock is butch AF! She has a squad automatic weapon as one of her primary weapons. Mozzie has a pistol with what looks like an SMG/carbine conversion kit.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  14. Tazor

Tazor Member

What were their gadgets? Is it attacking lesion and drone hacker like people thought?
    What do you mean by a squad automatic weapon?

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Like an LMG. She also has an AUG as a second primary option.

From what I've read of the description it's autonomous drone that goes and captures drones.

No one was able to use their gadgets because they all died too early haha

Tazor likes this.
  16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'll be there for the reveal so it's gonna be fun.

the new season will change the character profile image for hibana becuase in the build we played on I saw that it was changed.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  17. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Whats the go with this game?..a mate said it was good (again).. (i tried it on release, was trash) reinstalled it (110gb..wtf but ok) now the game has potential but literally 70% of my deaths are people aimed and following me through a wall before i die (yes..there is a death cam in this game)...wall hacks much?. Now there are a few operators that have similar abilities to detect people but are on limited timer and such...but much of this I found was complete BS...no operator i see have "wallhack abilities"...so atm i find the game completley fukkkkin dumb and stupid atm...not sure why the game has upped in popularity?..the games mechanics are garbage imo

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

They're gonna announce a rework for Lion plus the new map and operators in the reveal.

Tazor likes this.
  19. Tazor

Tazor Member

I can't say I agree.
    The game has always been heavily based around Intel gathering so if you're getting shot through walls it's because people on the other team have cameras or information to know where you are, which is the intention of a lot of operators.

The game has a very steep skill curve, and if you didn't enjoy it, it may just be because it's not for you. A few of my mates felt that way and couldn't bring themselves to come over from CSGO.

Personally I think siege is the best competitive fps and it's only getting better. As of this invitational there are 45 million active players across all platforms and it's only going up.

What I would say, is play with people who know what they're doing and just see how you go, you can add me on Uplay and we can play a few games and you can see how you feel about it now.

Also the 110Gb install size is because of the 4K texture pack, it's 75Gb normally, which is big, but not as big xD

My Uplay is Tazor.FRAF

20. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

true..problem is im not detected yet they can literally follow me through a solid wall (not a shootable one) and fire exactly when i pop out..that is a blatant wall hack..if u disagree on that.. it obvious u think there is no hacks in any game (cod, bf or this and you are dumb and ignorant like most ppl are on this topic)

true also..you need to learn a lot of the operator skills, strengths and weaknesses..and yes maybe it's not for me..but like I said, a lot of the deaths in the game (my 8 odd hours in the game are questionable..one map literally 3 of us died at spawn just cause of crap map layout..love spawn camping map..mise as well playing CoD) are complete BS imo..i sprayed a full mag in on guy..nothing, he 2 shot me...yet kill cam show i never hit him. Another guy...full mag of P90..nothing yet he kills me with 6 silenced pistol bullets..after I fire full mag into him. I got no idea how this game is in pro play.

I can see the potential...but idk..so many bugs and shit to make it a pro game. The d/l size doesn't worry me too much..i got fibre NBN and all g. The texture pack is meh imo though..game still looks the same when I tried it on release..so no idea what they actually did with it.

I'll give you an add on my next login..but I only tried the free weekend thing this weekend..so I need to buy it to continue..so i'll let you know.