1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

will siege if it means no solo q hehe

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

eyyy....patch 4.3 is gonna have the vulkan API now :)

3. Tazor

Tazor Member

Finally got back to plat on my main - been playing a lot this season. I see a lot of cheater complaints and issues with the meta, but when I think about where the game is now compared to a year ago I can solidly say I've never had more fun in the game.

The changes to ranked matchmaking last year means you don't have to deal with constant search baiters so the achievement of reaching Plat means something now since you're playing with and against similarly skilled people.
    I've also had no issues so far with hackers.

Anyone else been playing this season?
    Grand Larceny event is currently active and worth a look if you haven't given it a try!

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I have. Will be up for games tonight if ppl interested :)

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It's been a while since I touched this one. How many new ops are there now?

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

2 probably. depends on when you last played.

7. Tazor

Tazor Member

8. Tazor

Tazor Member

Damn, last post here was me posting about the current season and we now have the new season launch in a couple weeks haha

Anyone who hasn't played in a while, there's a lot to like coming this season:
    • Reinforcement pool - Defence has 10 reinforcements shared as a team and able to be deployed by anyone, so defenders with more to do can focus on setting up and leave reinforcing to people who don't have lots to do.
    • Ping 2.0 - you can ping gadgets to alert team mates of where traps or cameras may be located
    • Map bans - simple enough, but one of the things I'm most excited for. Ranked only, but just means you can ban out maps you don't want to play on.
    • Expanded optic pool - almost every operator in the game has had their optic selection reworked with the addition of 3 new magnified sights and several new non-magnified sights. The significance here is that some operators have lost sights that were considered strong and others have gained sights who were considered weak. For example: Doc no longer has an Acog, he instead has a maximum of a 1.5x scope but someone like Warden now has access to a 1.5x scope on his MPX to give him a better ranged edge. But Valkyrie has not had any sight changes due to a stronger gadget.
    • Sam Fisher is now in the game, gets a new gun and a really versatile gadget that is essentially a camera fired from a gun that can penetrate floors or ceilings and fire a single projectile to remove utility. He's not overpowered buy will definitely be a great addition to any attacking side and provide an alternative to Twitch.
    There's other changes like Chalet rework etc, but these are the most notable.

Can't wait and hopefully more people jump back in!

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm still playing.