Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ztorma

ztorma Member

I agree, it is really good

2. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

I've been watching streams of this, getting quite a few viewers on Twitch consistently. Looks really good. Considering buying but not sure what the Oceanic community is like - definitely need a solid few people to play with.

3. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

Just bought this, pretty fun.
    Gotta get a bit better at it.

4. Soc

Soc Member

Go and do all the situations/training stuff. Heaps of reknown is available there.
    Get a mic and use it. Call out where players are.
    When defending, use the cameras. Either tag players, or call out locations and hopefully they forget to shoot the cameras.

Good luck and have fun.

Soc_aus

5. Ch3wie

Ch3wie Member

i've been playing this alot lately- has replaced CSGO from my life. only downside is no-one else seems to speak/call out while playing. if that improves then the game will be so much better

6. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Are there Australian servers?

7. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Just bought it.
    Saw there is a Ultra HD pack? How does that fair? Does it vastly improve the graphics?

8. jacobt

jacobt Member

Looks a bit cleaner and I didn't notice any performance impact (I have a 290x though so it has more VRAM than some other cards).

If anyone would like to squad up sometime lemme kno!

9. n2o

n2o Member

i played it during the free weekend, the situations/training section took me a good 6hrs to complete on the hardest difficulty and i was very enjoyable.

as for online, no dedicated servers means it's a crap shoot every time you search for a game, players of various skill level and country of origin.

i enjoyed the couple games i played but i would only pick it up when it was only sale and unfortunately by then i would fear the player base will have vanished.

perhaps once they unlock the competitive mode for multiplayer, the game might pique my interest again

10. t8y

t8y Member

this is reduced on steam atm, ~$45USD
    though i noticed greenman has it for similar price all the time (plus you can add their usual discount codes on top ofc), but they are "out of stock" :confused:

any suggestions where is the next cheapest place to find this? dont care if its steam or uplay code (since you have to go through uplay regardless - can just add a shortcut for it in steam for overlay etc)
    or otherwise, anyone know how long GMG usually take to get more "stock"?

been watching a lot of guys on YT, it seems like it'd be frustrating as hell for a gamer like myself but want to give it a shot.
    did try and enjoyed the beta, but i got in late on that (slow download speeds here) so actually played very few games.

worst case ill just pick it up on steam before the sale ends there. its just the exchange rate hits hard...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  11. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Ended up getting this on ps4. Trying to learn to fps with a controller at the moment, but seems easy to find games on ps4. Large player base .

12. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Been playing this on PC and having a blast, surprised the thread here is so quiet tbh.

13. Dingarth

Dingarth Member

I bought it and it ran like shit on my sli 770's - got a refund from steam. High/Low (didn't matter) settings it was dropping to 15fps in action. I can't live like that on a 144hz monitor.......

14. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

it shouldnt run that bad on your system, strange

15. whfbee

whfbee Member

Bought it and loving it, Really good game imo.

16. Foliage

Foliage Member

For someone who doesn't play much multi player and doesn't have the time to put in 10 hours a week to get good at a competitive game will I enjoy this?

I want to just play casually a few hours here and there without any mates online, can I just play with randoms without a) fucking their game up because I suck b) getting creamed because I'm not as good as the 14 year olds on school holidays who play all day everday?

17. Nightwolf1982

Nightwolf1982 Member

Yeah it's a pretty good game for that sort of thing, I'm the same I usually just jump on for a few hrs everyday & do terrorist hunt with randoms, only issue was I have had was some dick from my team decided to shoot me instead of reviving but that was only a 1 off, you will find with the matchmaking you get ppl of all different levels so you won't really have the worry of botching a game up

18. xHardz

xHardz Member

are you guys having any issues getting games with decent ping?

I was very keen but then I read it was P2P servers and after having a very bad time with it during the tech testing I didn't end up buying.

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

How does it rate against previous ones?

20. Nightwolf1982

Nightwolf1982 Member

It's a lot better then the beta, you do still get times where matchmaking either finds nobody or just takes a hell of a lot of time, but I would say if It only happens once or twice each sesh I play