Rainbow 6: Siege

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 10, 2014.

1. t8y

t8y Member

still playing whenever i can (usually just fri/sat nights these days), really enjoying it.

been having more issues with team killers and griefers (who usually get auto kicked or voted out) than anything lately though.
    still rare to find more than one guy using a mic on a team.

might have to give ranked a try when i can grab a good few spare hours in one sitting, compare the difference on those issues. hopefully more chance of finding a team that takes the game a little more seriously.
    i mean, i like to play to have fun and all, but come on..

2. Nightwolf1982

Nightwolf1982 Member

3. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Still on the fence, I don't think it's like Cs which is about mastering the guns and their recoil but more so the tactical elements which I am a bit rusty at! I did enjoy beta though.. How is the playerbase on pc?

4. Rainey

Rainey Member

I'm a noob with shooters but Siege is the first game to bring me back to the good old days of Swat 3! Tactical and realistically paced shooter. In particular I have been playing Terrorist Hunt co-operatively with a friend. Just the 2 of us playing on Realistic. Yet to win/complete a round but what a joy it is to try, haha. Fantastic game, groundbreaking in my opinion - I hope Ubi stick with it.

5. Foliage

Foliage Member

Terrorist hunt is a bit of a let down for me. The only way it is challenging is due to a large number of enemies not because they have good AI.

Eg on easy I can win lone wolf, normal/hard there are simply too many enemies to kill so I usually die. Eg I will kill 8-9 enemies in one go, reload and get rushed by a suicide vest who comes up a ladder outside behind me, no way to win that.

Be nice if they came up with some bots like CS:GO, sure they will never be as good as real humans but be good for some practice now and then without having to wait out the round when you die.

6. Rainey

Rainey Member

Yeh the AI isn't that tactical, but I still find them coming around behind us when we least expect it. The bank level, we were ontop of the carpark next door and after a bit of ruckus the AI snuck to the ladder and came up next to us, haha.

7. xHardz

xHardz Member

Free Weekend is starting.

Going to give this a good go. Was a little disappointed during the beta as I couldn't get a game with less than 200-400 ping. Will see how this goes as I have been hanging out to buy.

8. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

the high playerbase will be due to the free weekend though so need to see how it is normally..

9. duke996

duke996 Member

Downloaded 14 gigs worth to give it a go on free weekend... can't even start the POS, crashes and stops responding before it even loads..

10. Foliage

Foliage Member

Pretty much all bugs are ironed out and have been since launch, definitely no reports of CTD that I've seen.

You checked the error logs? Got an overclocked video card/cpu? Latest drivers?

11. Rainey

Rainey Member

Getting a little bit better at this game now. Playing with a friend who is used to FPS games makes things a bit easier. Here's a clip from one of our rounds:

12. nope

nope Member

Nobody is talking about this? Meanwhile the division and failing to keep up kek.

Longlive siege!

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I will be back soon! Have there been many updates? Do the servers still run on potatoes?

14. nope

nope Member

Only got the game yesterday haha.

Runs awesome so far.

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It's a fun game which runs quite nicely.

16. Foliage

Foliage Member

I would have thought it would get more love from the counterstrike fans as well.

17. danyell

danyell Member

I can't help but feel I shoulda jumped on the discount from the free play weekend... Damn you, frugal brain, that WAS being frugal

18. nope

nope Member

I guess it will go on sale again when player numbers start to dip.

Is it worth 80aud now? No but its worth $55 and under :p

19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I doubt it, CS lovers don't have enough patience for a game like this.

20. Rainey

Rainey Member

I was a Counter-Strike player since Beta 0.4.. stopped playing it around the source engine version (after 1.6??)- seemed to get too crazy for me. Siege is the perfect substitute and has re-ignited my enthusiasm for FPS again.