Razer 'christine'

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by coderx, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ravencs

ravencs Member

How does boycotting a product hurt me? They lose $x, and i get a decent product from a supplier i deem superior?

Apple? -> New Nexus 5.
    Razor? -> Ducky KB, Steelseries mouse / pad.

If everyone boycotted a company, how do they make a profit? Of course it hurts them.

Look at this tread, 70% of replies class Razor as overpriced pieces of shit. If they wern't, maybe they would have an additional % or so on their bottom line.

Think before you walk in future. Your foot might not end up in your own ass.

2. japes

japes Member

I refuse to buy anything from Razer as well - guess that's a boycott.

I'm all the better for it. No idea how you could possibly argue otherwise.

3. kilebantick

kilebantick Member

I hate the neverending fuck out of Razer. The majority of the userbase are type of douchebag gamers that you just want to slap repeatedly.

But christ if I can't admit that they're incredibly innovative...

4. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

100% This.

Fisher Price "My First Upgradeable PC".
    RRP: Much more than you would normally pay for a similar level of performance.

Price of "upgrade modules": Whatever they think they can get away with, based on sales and feedback re. the main unit.

I'll admit that it looks pretty cool. But will it run Crysis (without spending as much on upgrades as you just spent on the main unit)?

Innovation is only a good thing when the end result improves the existing experience for a given category of products.
    If the end result is a bucket of shit, it's not innovative. ;)
    *cough* Edge *cough*

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Not sure I really like the design. Colour scheme wise it looks good.

6. Lichking

Lichking Member

I like it also..I like the immersed idea also..been toying with the idea of building one incorporating a freezer but the coolant required is fking expensive and needs to be imported.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-FC-40-FLUORINERT-32oz-New-and-Unused-Ready-to-Ship-/110716728982
    theres several different types but afaik it's not readily available here. Not sure if you can even import it, never got that far., expensive stuff though :(

anyone knows where you can buy this in OZ feel free to link it :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  7. Unframed

Unframed Member

I don't see the issue, it's not being marketed for anyone here so why are you complaining it's hardware is underpowered.

Also the price is not for the hardware but the system and the modular upgrade system.

It's a cool idea, but way too costly given I can upgrade my hardware just fine on my own.

8. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Because it's not a "new idea". A youtube tech review group said Apple is a "recipe" company, and Razer falls under this.

Thermaltake released "Level 10" a few years ago which is very similar to this product. It's not new.

9. proffesso

proffesso Member

its not the same, at all. if anything its more similar to the sgi o2 and octane machines with thier slot/slide in mobo, graphics, sound etc

10. Unframed

Unframed Member

Level 10 was a compartmentalized case for a standard ATX PC.
    This is a modular, simplified "gaming" PC.

I'm not sure you understand what christine is supposed to be. It isn't a new idea so to speak but it's the first brought to the public in many years.

11. Alper

Alper Member

12. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

A very good comparison... everything proprietary, with the expected higher pricetag due to that fact (although based on rather more interchangeable x86 architecture rather than RISC and SGI's other "special" low-level interfacing). I never did much work with SGI workstations, but I do remember they were eye-wateringly expensive (although superb for the intended application at the time).

'Christine' is a funky looking machine to be sure (as the SGI's often were, for the day), but I'm not surprised at seeing some disdain for it around here.
    We are most definitely not the target market for this machine (well, most of us anyway). ;)

Tried to fix that embed for you, but.... "This Video Does Not Exist... Sorry about that".

:confused:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  13. ravencs

ravencs Member

Thats alright, i think the blank white square fits in perfectly with my views on razor.

14. d-dave-b

d-dave-b Member

That's a fair call in some respects but I will stand by my Razer Mamba as the best mouse on the market until the end of days.