RC Helicopter info/discussion thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by trop, Jul 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. stewbiee

stewbiee Member

2. stewbiee

stewbiee Member

I got a blade 180cfx for my birthday the other day. Its a really nice built heli and wow!! it really wants to go as well

3. nibennett

nibennett Member

Any idea how long a waiting period it has ?
    Trying to sell my E-SKy Honeybee 2 to move to a quad in the hope that I'll use it more often.

4. Coopz

Coopz Member

A friend bought me this Blade off a RC site, was crashed on its second flight, owner bought the replacement parts but then lost interest, my mate put it all back together, I'm hoping to take it for its first flight this week:) Flown planes and a micro helicopter but this is going to be a steep learning curve.

[​IMG]

5. Fact11

Fact11 Member

Hey Everyone, I thought maybe someone here might be interested in a top of the range Goblin rc heli.

I am selling a brand new in the box, Goblin 770 Carbon Competition RC Helicopter, with everything needed to build it, and all parts are brand new in the box as well. Was going to build it, but just don't have the time anymore.

Included is the following :

1 x SAB Goblin 770 competition Carbon Edition

1 x XNOVA XTS 50/530 Tareq Special Edition

1 x PHOENIX EDGE 160HVF ESC W/COOLING FAN

1 x BK Brushless High Speed Tail Servo Model 8005HV

3 x BK Brushless High Speed Cyclic Servo Model 8002HV

1 x New heavy-duty tail pulley 24T

3 x Aluminum Motor Pulley for (6/8mm shaft) 1ea: 18t, 22t, 24t

1 x SAB Goblin 770 Carry Bag

1 x Castle Creations Voltage Regulator 20A Pro V3

1 x SAB Heli Division Futaba servo arm

1 x iKON Flybarless System with Polarity Protection Feature

1 x Aluminum Cooling Motor Mount With Third Bearing support

Selling Price - $4,100

If you or anyone you know might be interested, please feel free to send me a msg.

[​IMG]

6. stewbiee

stewbiee Member

Nice man :thumbup::thumbup:

7. Revenger

Revenger Member

Guess everyone is into the drones nowadays.

I got my transmitter back from my dads he gave me as I got a simulator dongle which we tested there and it works.
    What's a good simulator to run?
    Also what tips and stuff should I learn for good flying practices.

I have a actual 350 Heli I mentioned ages ago somewhere in here, we kept looking at it then put it aside but I want to bring it out again.

I can use the simulators on drones also.
    But overall want to one day be able to fly the 350 heli.

ShadowBurger likes this.
  8. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Assuming you are asking as you haven't flown the 350 yet?.. I've found that flying a drone sim with the drone set to 3D mode to be effectively the same as a half decent heli sim and is great for beginners to figure out how to fly helis before they get onto the real thing. The only real difference is the collective pitch / throttle setup, but that is something that can easily be learned on the real thing. The main thing to worry about is getting used to non-level assisted flight modes (acro / rate on a drone) which I assume is the only available mode on your 350. I mention the drone sims because there isn't really any modern heli sims with graphics as nice as their drone counterparts. "FPV Air Tracks" would be my favourite.

edit: i've only flown a few helis fyi... so take with grain of salt

9. Revenger

Revenger Member

Sorry for the delay haven't been on my pc and doing other things .

No haven't flown the 350 yet, as mentioned its been tested numerous times and can fly it probably needs the fine tuning blade adjustments etc but that's as far as I got with it.
    The 350 was basically a frame kit my dad got and he put his own parts in esky gyro etc.

I did have a Nine Eagles Free Spirit here, ran that on beginner mode the pro mode was always a bit much though it needs some replacement parts tail fin etc you cant get anymore or are too expensive for the cost.

I do have my controller setup and can use some software when I have motivation.