RC Multicopter Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by sgtraven, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I'm not used to any mode, I don't and have never owned one. I doubt the one linked is the one I would buy either, there appear to be better, larger and more capable drones that are also well under 100gm. It's just a brainfart at this point in time, but if its legal and I can find something with suitably decent reviews at a suitable price, something I'd definitely like to do.

I just hate those fucking crows :lol: If their noise was even vaguely musical, I might feel differently, but its not the kind of bird noise you like to hear waking up in the morning.

I do have a broader interest in getting a serious drone sometime, which of course I'll need to fly elsewhere. In the short term though, chasing crows would be a cool way to wet my feet, so to speak.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. caspian

caspian Member

a much more efficient way of convincing crows to go somewhere else is a pellet gun. surprise, we can't be trusted with those either.

Ratzz likes this.
  3. omen_child

omen_child Member

I've scored a start at something which may turn this hobby into a paying gig.

Any tips to keep me on the right side of the law in getting things started? I'll obviously be trawling the CASA website in the coming days for info.

4. caspian

caspian Member

5. omen_child

omen_child Member

My drone is under 2kg, so I'll be flying in the excluded category.

Looks pretty simple.

6. jcorney

jcorney Member

remember it isn't just the drone being under 2kg, it is also operating under all the other conditions as far as locations, heights, near people, day only etc etc

7. omen_child

omen_child Member

Absolutely, all of that is a given. It's not really that hard to comply if you want to.